Converting A esp To A esm

LegoManIAm94

To Herculine;

I realise that you are only trying to help, but in my experience, I have always found that trying to convert esp's into esm's creates more problems than it solves.

I do understand where you're coming from, however I hae two mods in preparation, one for "ESIII - Morrowind" and one for "ESIV - Oblivion". Neither of these mods will be converted to esm's; I have a different method planned - at least for "ESIV- Oblivion". As far as "ESIII - Morrowind" is concerned, that mod will have to take it's chances.

A programme such as Wyre Mash will certainly help; BUT there are problems (I have found) with using "helper programmes". You may get away with this problem to a certain extent, however the main problem DOES NOT GO AWAY. Please, use the Morrowind CS and "World-Check" the mod BEFORE you do anything else.

Well, Morrowind and Oblivion are two entirely different beasts.

I certainly agree that for Oblivion converting plugins into master files is a very risky business. If a modder doesn't know what they are doing, their new master file is very likely to make most of the landscape disappear, among other issues.

Morrowind, however, is a bit more forgiving and there is more room to experiment.

Themisive, I'm not disputing anything you've said. Those programs you've mentioned can totally ruin a game install if the modder does not know what they are doing. It has only been recently that I've begun to learn to use these utilities correctly where Morrowind is concerned.

I totally agree that newcomers should be cautious with these and always make backups of their game installations before they begin to experiment.