Uploading a Music Pack

TenthLegion

I plan on making/uploading a music pack from various artists that will include songs for Exploration, Battle, Public, etc. What must I do in order to be able to upload it and maintain copyrights and NOT get sued or have the mod taken down? Will I have to contact each individual artist and ask for permission? I own the cd/songs but I am worried about uploading them for legal reasons.

Basically put, you can't, unless the music you are using isn't copyrighted or has an open license. So if you paid (or should have paid...) for your music from iTunes or from a music store then 99.99999% of the time you cannot legally reupload it here, or anywhere for that matter.

What you COULD do is upload a suggested list of music and artists for each location, with suggested names to rename each track to. Also add a link to the file specification conversion info. If someone chooses to use any or all of your information to add music to their own game, then they have to have the music themselves first. Edited by MarkInMKUK

Well crap, I had an epic list of Two Steps from Hell songs that would make the game even greater than it already is..... but i guess its a pipe dream. But I can still upload my list of suggestions though. And if I like the Artists, I should support them anyway right?