Asterisks In Plugins File

Wunderbot

I read somewhere that to manually install mods there needs to be an asterisk in front of every plugin listed in the appdate plugin file. I use NMM, but decided to check the file anyway since 1.5 introduced a lot of issues with my mods, and noticed there aren't any asterisks in it. Should I add them myself or is it not necessary since I'm using NMM?

From what I can gather, this is an ongoing issue. I myself am facing a similar problem as a result.

The asterisks isn't needed, but it seems as though 1.5 now processes mods quite differently. The standard way of loading mods through plugins.txt with the Nexus Mod Manager is now not working, and as a result, Bethesda's rather inconsiderate patch has made it so that files from the nexus cannot be loaded into Fallout 4. Or at least- they can make it to the in-game menu, but not the actual game itself.

I'm hoping the staff have been made aware of this, or that a fix has already been found, and I'm just not aware of it yet.

I can get NMM mods to work in-game, but I also load through F4SE, and if I update the load order or add a mod I have to re-enable them before they will work. It's a pain in the arse to do it that way, but better that than not playing with mods at all I guess.

I've been modding Beth games since Oblivion just before the nexus was born I learned the old fashion way to add mods manually and have never used NMM so I can't help with that but adding a * to all (non official) .esm and .esp files works

I do it in both Plugins.txt and DLClist.txt files do not add a * to the Beth files like WW and Auto.. all my mods have been working just fine also launching with say f4se will keep the ingame launcher from trying to take over as the mod manager.

@ClayBoT - Can you do me a favor and try loading a mod that requires one of the DLC. I'd almost be inclined to put money on it not loading

I use better weapons mods for Automatron and I use wasteland workshop addons for settlements and they load up but one thing I did do is extract all ba2 files for the official addons as loose files. (mainly so that the strings can see them)

Edited by ClayboTGW

Problem Im having is when i try to load Weaponsmith Extended, the game CTDs. The reason why is because its missing the DLC as a master because the game no longer loads them upfront. Even when i add DLC to the plugins.txt, it will CTD. I can load WSE without the DLC version/dependancy just fine.

ASE not so much, but i have the full WSE setup w/ LL's and all mods. I have a bunch of settlement mods I setup today and they were all fine, its only these DLC dependant mods causing the drama, there another one in there that i can reproduce the CTD with, ill check in a minute