Redfield's BSAA [WIP]

FavoredSoul

So I got a copy of RE5 last week (why it's received some bad reviews I will never know, since I thought it was an awesome, awesome game; played it 6 times already and have unlocked everything >.< lol ). Now I want Chris Redfield's BSAA outfit for Fallout, so here's where it starts. I did a bit of digging around, and it looks like people are quick to accuse RE5 related mods as rips and have them torn down. Screw that.

This is the base outfit that i've made over the last few days (many many hours, the sneakers were the worst part), with a few variations, like the belt, and shape of the kneepads. The harness is next, and then the leg holsters and ammo packs. That should be pretty fun cause I wanna put a little extra flavor in it, maybe include a can of first aid spray or vials of green herb lol.

http://www.morganfavre.com/scrap/RedfieldBSAA.jpg

PS: I should probably finish that BoS Metal Armor from the other thread I have that's like 99% finished. I think its pretty good, I just stopped short of making that last tweak cause I got distracted by RE5, which has now led to this! Anyways, this new outfit should be much, much better than that one cause I have the benefit of new experience points!

Edited by FavoredSoul

So you think you will be releasing the other armor mod you were working on soon?

So you think you will be releasing the other armor mod you were working on soon?

Yeah, alright. I'll have a look at it today and see about those last touches it needs.

EDIT: Its on the nexus now. This is the link

Edited by FavoredSoul

Can't believe I spent the entire day making the harness! At least it turned out well so its all worth it. And look, First Aid spray! yay! :teehee:

No time to work on this tomorrow, but day after i should be serving up the belt bags, leg holsters, herbs and radio. I've only got 5-ish days over the next two weeks to get this thing finished and completely textured, so time's pretty tight. If things go well, I might be able to make a machete and a wristwatch, but we'll have to wait and see on that. Fingers crossed it goes well!

Don't mind the change in color, that's just me toying around with "object colors" in 3dsmax. I like to color my meshes cause it makes it more interesting to look at while i'm working on it.

http://www.morganfavre.com/scrap/2010_07_19_01_42_28.jpg

Edited by FavoredSoul

Got the Waistbag, Pouches, Radio, and two tubes of Herb done today. Such small little details but so many hours! :rolleyes:

Almost there now. Just got the leg holsters and ammo packs left.

Its only 1,000,000 polygons and its lagging pretty bad too. My PC needs an upgrade. lol.

http://www.morganfavre.com/scrap/2011_07_21_01_21_46.jpg

Edited by FavoredSoul

I don't know how skilled you are with textures, but a lot of those creases and wrinkles could be replicated with the normal map, and that would greatly reduce the poly count. I really don't know how that poly count compares to other outfits in the game, though. Edited by Shadow_Dragyn