Heat Wave a comin'

Illiad86

Phew...hope you guys got A/C or central air here in the good old U.S.A because it's going to be NASTY for the next week:

http://www.weather.com/outlook/weather-news/news/articles/heat-wave-ahead-july-2011_2011-07-14

Talking 90s all week with 100+ heat index :ohdear: Haven't seen a heatwave like this in about 10 years. We were living in Chicago at the time and a ton of people died because of lack of A/C or the ability to go somewhere with it :(

What's crazy is it looks like the ENTIRE U.S. is going to be engulfed by this evil weather.

My boyfriend used to be a roofer...I'm glad he's not anymore that's for sure (no shade, working on black roofs). But, he works now where they use a huge oven to bake paint on metal parts...he says when it's 80F outside, it's 100 or so inside. So with this weather, it's going to be crazy for him :( I'm glad they have an air conditioned break room and they provide free Gatorade for the workers at least. They might even cancel work for the week, but I doubt it.

I just hope any of you who work outdoors for a living or work in a similar line that my boyfriend does, please stay safe next week. Drink lots of water, find some shade, find some A/C. Check on your loved ones and your animals, it's going to be a wicked evil week :(

Summer sucks :down: I can't wait for winter now...no matter how nasty cold it gets...

Edited by Illiad86

oh yes, I'm begging for it!

NWS just posted an Excessive Heat Watch for my area:

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GREEN BAY HAS ISSUED AN EXCESSIVE

HEAT WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH

MONDAY EVENING.

* TEMPERATURES WILL RISE INTO THE LOWER TO MIDDLE 90S. THE HOT

TEMPERATURES...COMBINED WITH DEW POINTS IN THE 70S...WILL CAUSE

HEAT INDICES TO RISE TO AROUND 105 DEGREES.|

* THE HEAT AND HUMIDITY WILL PRODUCE DANGEROUS CONDITIONS FOR

THOSE WHO ARE WORKING OR PLAYING OUTDOORS. THOSE WHO DO NOT HAVE

AIR CONDITIONING IN THEIR RESIDENCES MAY ALSO BE AT GREAT RISK.

ELDERLY PEOPLE OR THOSE WITH RESPIRATORY CONCERNS SHOULD TAKE

PRECAUTIONS TO AVOID THE EFFECTS OF THE HEAT.

and that's just for Monday...it will be everyday this week :( Blargh...glad I got a better energy efficient A/C...my old one would cost me $10 extra a month running it for 3 days!

Only 105? Thats an average summer for me and i can take it like a boss with nothing but a fan. Heatwaves can be up around 127F, and only then do i need to turn on the AC.

All i have to say (jokingly), is harden up lol :P

On a side note, its bloody cold here right now! -20F because of winds from the alps or something like that.

ya live down under though haha...gets pretty hot there I know. These kinda temps are pretty crazy for this part of the Midwest.

Meh last year we had 48c thats including the humidity. This year though has been hot but not that hot yet. Lately we've been engulfed in a drought though, witch is not good for farmers :sad: Edited by Thor.