1.5 completely broke my game

C0N0R

Fixed my crashes, reinstalled mods, verified game cache (after deleting interface folder). I can now load into a save but I CTD when my cursor goes over the laser musket in my inventory.

EDIT

Completely fixed, just manually removed the musket from my inventory and now I can play,

I do not seem to have the same mod problem as the rest of you. I use NMM and i simply hit the green check mark on the plugins page and then the F4SE launch button. I have however developed a stutter since the update to 1.5 that I did not have previously. Also seem to be a memory leak of sorts as i slowly build up CPU usage as i play. Have to tab alt out, open task manager to clear the memory. Any suggestions?

verified...beta is gone, forced update as stated..

I redact my claims. I was not aware the public was forced into this..."Mess".

kitty

Not to start anything, but what on earth do you think all these posts have been about this last 6 days? Did you think they were fake, or something? :huh:

your lack of ability to read and understand words boggles my mind.

" I was not aware the public has been subjected to this mess, as I was not running nor reading about this game." Liberated a little.

I don't care for the current policies now firmly Embedded against modding a Bethesda game. What, you think every one plays this game? there is no others? uh, it's a 64bit game ,all modding tools are made with 32bit software...and create 32bit mods....so common sense says to stay away from it as there were NO 3rd party tools made to work with 64bit mods.....It make for a gigantic mess....as it has turned out to be.

On the main forum pages, upper right corner, post show up...I read those when I see something I might be able to help with...with in reason.

No, I do not cruz / Troll the FO4 threads. and I don't care any more. you kids have gotten the bad end of the deal...it stinks.

Fo4 runs just fine by it's self with a clean install, study of this issue brought up the exact reasons why things are wrong...this reason can not be addressed by modders period. It is now all built into the engine and the scripting controls on the web side of things.

you nor I can change it. So, it has become a total waste of time to even deal with modding Fallout 4 at all.

Even mods said to pass approval, screw up the game. How ever. Un modded at all. it runs fine.

yes, you are starting something with ME...Don't..you will loose.

Of course I don't think everyone plays this game, but you ARE on the Fallout 4 Technical Support Forum. Logically, one would think if you were on said forum, you were playing said game, right?

As for fallout running fine with a fresh install, once again, wrong. I was running totally vanilla, and without a lot of work arounds, couldn't get it to run. Couldn't even get to the start screen.

And quite clearly we CAN fix it if we work together, as proven by how many people are working on the various problems, and how many people's games have started working using suggestions posted on this forum.

You're acting like you're a superior know it all here. I don't know what your problem is exactly, either. I asked a question, it's not my fault you didn't read anything and then presume a bunch. You could have done a quick look at the first page of this forum, and realized a lot of people are having issues with this. Treating people like they're idiots, when you're the one that doesn't know what's going in, is at the very least quite rude.

So I had the same problem of ctd when I would try to load a save or make a new game. I had to disable any UI mods I had (pleasant UI, Value-to-weight, New Dialogue) in order to get the game to launch. Loaded my last save no problem. Apparently the patch changed some of the files those mods edited(?) This is on Version 1.5

Edited by c0nd1t10n3r

Well the issue of incompatibility of some mods with 1.5 has been known for a bit now. Most of the mods are indeed UI mods. Some have been updated like def_ui but some have not with Pleasnt UI being one of the main ones.

I had the same crash on load problem and it was for two reasons:

1) "No dotdotdot" mod has a broken swf file (hudmenu.swf that you can find in the folder "Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\interface")

2) somehow the plugin.txt file and the loadorder file were inconsistent with eachother and that created a problem

My solutions:

1) deleted the swf file, but disabling the mod was a possible solution to that

2)

- disabled all the mods in NMM

- edited files DLCList.txt , loadorder.txt and Plugins.txt in "C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Fallout4": I deleted every mention to the mods I had installed

- re-activated the mods in NMM

I hope this can help.

O.

p.s. I almost forgot, I even did a "Verify integrity of game cache" in Steam before the first step and after the last.

Verifying integrity of game cache fixed my problem of startup crashing thank you for the suggestion.

It´s official.. I will NEVER,EVER again buy anything related to Bethesda or has Steam as a partner..this game was mediocre at best,pandering for the X-Box users and dumping the PC-users..now it won´t load with any mods but the "Officially sanctioned by Bethesda"..i quit..i'm deleting this piece of utter dung..Bethesda can kiss my Royal and Imperial behind....