Should the Government be able to take your kidsw If they think he or s

kvnchrist

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why not, if the parents in question are so inept at caring for their children that they allow them to get morbidly obese.

What about loving your kid for who he is. I don't think the government has any concept of that.

This is a subject I don't have a strong opinion on, and I think it is understandable both ways.

I will say this much, if the child is so obese it is becoming a direct hazard to their health, I think it would be fine to take the child temporally and talk to the parents about exercise programs.

I don't think it should be a permanent thing though, only temporally.

What about loving your kid for who he is. I don't think the government has any concept of that.

Is it an act of love to let your child get so obese that it is directly threatening his/her health?

People who lack the parenting skills to take care of their children properly have forfeited the right of being parents.

Edited by GenocideLolita

Is it an act of love to let your child get so obese that it is directly threatening his/her health?

People who lack the parenting skills to take care of their children properly have forfeited the right of being parents.

Who is to say what is proper? You are talking about a one size fits all mentality. People are not like that!

Who is to say what is proper? You are talking about a one size fits all mentality. People are not like that!

The Human condition cannot be put in a mold to be made into something else, people have tried and failed.

No...

Instead the government should ban or restrict the usage of chemicals linked with obesity, such as high fructose corn syrup, or other harmful dyes/chemicals like Yellow 5, in foods which are aimed towards children. Have you even bothered to read the amount of crap that is in some processed foods?

Don't blame parents, blame companies who are using unhealthy methods to produce their products cheaply. You cannot feed a kid, let alone yourself these days without running afoul of known harmful chemicals. When you have 40-50% obesity rates, it is not the work of a few bad parents but is indicative of a problem with the very system.

But, the government won't do a darn thing because they're being paid not to. And although Mrs. Obama's "vegie" movement is good and all, it won't do anything as long as the problem still exists. Or maybe they really don't understand/care since it is mostly cheap food that is bad for you.