Can't load game

zwierz502

Hi.
Yay 1.5 is out!
f*** you Bethesda.
Generally, I have 130 installed mods and i can't play. I did reinstall the game, updated NMM and reinstall all mods manually ( NMM was supposed to do it automatically but well)
However It didn't help me and when I'm trying to load my latest save, but the game just quits after loading screens. No further info why how when where what, just f*** you player.
Any ideas how to run the game with Nexus' mods?
Thanks

Edited by zwierz502

Are you using any UI mods like def_ui or Pleasant UI? If so then you need to update def_ui that's been patched to work with 1.5. However Pleasnt UI currently will not work at all so you need to disable it if that a mod that you use. Also there are some other mods that are know to not work with 1.5 and will cause the game to quit after it loads. You'll just need to research your mods to figure it out.

I had the same problem and it was for two reasons:

1) "No dotdotdot" mod has a broken swf file (hudmenu.swf that you can find in the folder "Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\interface"

2) somehow the plugin.txt file and the loadorder file were inconsistent with eachother and that created a problem

My solutions:

1) deleted the swf file

2)

- disabled all the mods in NMM

- edited files DLCList.txt , loadorder.txt and Plugins.txt in "C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Fallout4": I deleted every mention to the mods I had installed

- re-activated the mods in NMM

I hope this can help.

O.

p.s. I almost forgot, I even did a "Verify integrity of game cache" in Steam before the first step and after the last.

Edited by OracoloJns

Well not sure why an update to NMM would make any difference but NMM did get updated twice in past few days to address issues with mods. But your issue seems more game related. Have you tried running with no mods enabled? Better yet with all mods uninstalled from current profile since just disabling mods doesn't always solve issues. Also can you start a new game instead of starting from a saved game?

No, i can't start a new game. The same thing happens.
Yes, I tried to run game with mods disabled but I won't uninstall them - too much work in my opinion. If Bethesda doesn't want me to play their game longer then let it be.
However, if any solution comes out please let me know - will be glad.
Thanks!

Well you said that you reinstalled FO4 correct? When you did were able to start and run the game ok before you installed any mods or did you even try? I think you need to just do things in steps. Uninstall the game completely, including deleting the current ini files. Then reinstall the game. Then at that point see if the game runs. If so you can then try installing the latest NMM and then start adding mods incrementally testing to see if the game runs ok. Yes it's a pain and time consuming but sometimes you just have no other options other than to just not play the game at all. But if that's you choice then be it....

Here's a weird question because I'm kind of having the same issue. Have you tried loading that same save more than once in a row? Reason I ask is because usually now when I make a new save it will CTD when I try to reload it. However, it does that about once or twice and then it will usually load on the third try. Still have not figured out what it is, but it sure as hell beats not being able to play at all.

• 2 weeks later...

after several hours of reading these posts it seems to me that a whole lot of people have essentially the same problem - they can't load saves or start a new game. Some players go so far as to uninstall everything, only to still have problems upon reinstall. Am i wrong, or is this a major issue that should be getting much more attention by Bethesda, and frankly the Nexus (not to suggest they are at fault, but i think this issue needs them to step up and help us to understand what is happening).