Actual rifles meant for right handed people

codofglory

I just feel this needs to be said:

OH MY GOSH DANG WERE THEY ON DRUGS WHEN THEY MADE FALLOUT 4 ALL THE f*#@ING RIFLES WERE MADE FOR LEFT HANDED PEOPLE!

that's really it, kinda. please just make this by reversing the animation or something. as much as bethesda would like you to think it, riflemen/women use their dominant hand to reload bolt action rifles, and therefore the rifles in-game are designed for left handed people.

PS: i obviously don't know crap about modding, and i have nothing against left handed people, cuz what hand we write with don't mean s#*!.

odd, ive used guns at ranges and i didn't find them 'odd' to use/fire/reload as a right handed person. I just assumed they were made for right hand(It feels natural to rest rifle on your dominate shoulder and fire with said hand, the offhand used to steady/stabilize the barrel)

edit : i see what OP means now, the lever/bolt part of it (on rifles where you eject the shell and slide new one into chamber) is/should be done with right hand. NOT reloading just the bolt-action.

Edited by AtmaDarkwolf

odd, ive used guns at ranges and i didn't find them 'odd' to use/fire/reload as a right handed person. I just assumed they were made for right hand(It feels natural to rest rifle on your dominate shoulder and fire with said hand, the offhand used to steady/stabilize the barrel)

edit : i see what OP means now, the lever/bolt part of it (on rifles where you eject the shell and slide new one into chamber) is/should be done with right hand. NOT reloading just the bolt-action.

giphy.gif

If anything rifles have had the wrong ergonomics since lever action rifles. There's both more strength and precision in the dominant hand which is more important for things like steadying the front grips and reloading than with just pulling the trigger. The same goes for guitars.

I'm seeing all the reload animations done with the left hand in this clip...

what i meant was not actualy REALOADING the entire gun, but loading a new bullet into the chamber. the entire loading mechanism is on the wrong side.

its easier to explain visually:

39070-1-1293484257.jpg

notice how the bolt lever and the cartidge would be ejected to the right (as not to hit you with a scolding hot cartridge)

omfg OP Now that u pointed that I friggin hate you. LOL it totally bugs me now.

its not just the hot shell you'd get in the face, its the fact when you use the bolt this way you would jostle the scope(and easily knock it out of alignment) and would pinch the hand, etc.

On top of that it would be hard because the weapon wouldn't be in such a position to provide leverage to make that action easy.

I'm really confused why they did this. Someone at Bethesda was smokin something that day.

Edited by AtmaDarkwolf