Question: Point Lookout "The Velvet Curtain"

monster0mash

Really a question on the ending. It seems that I was investigating a historical situation since the people, and detention camp seem long dead or deserted.

So why when I put in the code in the computer in the bunker, does it act like there is a response from the Chinese side that seems to indicate they are actively responding to my message?

I mean, why would they still be paying attention to a mission that obviously doesn't mean anything anymore?

Could it just be they loaded an automated response into their side and somehow the protocol is still running?

Or is there really an active Chinese orgainization monitoring their agents?

Just wondering as I don't have a clue to what's happening outside of the U.S.

It seems that communications would be a bit better after 200 years.

Edited by monster0mash

• 2 weeks later...

It is an automated response. They had no intention of bringing any agents home as it would be next to impossible. Better to kill them so they can't fall into enemy hands. The message is to make the agent feel better about their fate. "I die for my country and my family gains from my duty."

I thought the "blow up the sub mission" to be stupid. Seriously, how would anyone without special equipment be able to get into it? Also daft that a sub in that shallow water would not have been spotted by satellites; especially during war time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...