NWN1 and A hunt through the dark problem

seany65

Hello to anyone who may be reading this, (though there doesn't seem to be a big chance of that), I was wondering if any of you could help me?

I've got NWN1, SOU and HOTU (on the Brit 'Deluxe' dvd, which calls itself 'Platinum edition' in the start menu), and I've installed the final version of 'A hunt through the dark' which comes in one single download, the trouble is, when I try to either creat a new character or choose one I've already got, I get a message saying 'Could not start the file as it was created using a newer version of the toolset' etc.

The game version is 1.63 and the toolset is vts027. Is there a patch or something thjat would help?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Dunno if it'll work, but I've just found a webpage with this on: "1.69 Critical rebuild English". it's a list of patches for NWN1 without expansions, with SOU, and with HOTU (which I believe also needs SOU) and it also includes DL's for Mac and Linux.

Anyway, heres a link: http://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/other/patch/169-critical-rebuild-english

Both installed and the game and expansion run. Yay!

However, there does seem to be a bug in 'A hunt trhoigh the dark' at the part in which you have talked to a character after he whispers to you, telling you to meet him at the river. It seems that if you don't take up his offer then the game crashes. I only took that conversation choice once, so I suppose it could've been 'just one of those things'. The game didn't crash when I took the other choice.

Earlier in the game it seems possible to not be able to progress, as at one point you need the heart of one of the rogue drow who attecked at the point the wizard was killed. If you don't know you need one of these hearts, it's possible to carry on playing that module, but the bodies of the rogue drow eventually disappear so you can't get one of the hearts so piwiewien can't try to work out where it comes from. I realised this just in time, but I did have to tart the module again.