Wood Elf Female voices

Chosenman

I was starting a player as a female Bosmer the other day, and noticed the voices were TOTALLY different then Morrowind. I missed that cute little voice...

Is it possible to copy the Wood Elf sounds from Morrowind and make it work in Oblivion?

Or would it be possible to change the voice sounds to be a bit more.. younger, or "cute" sounding.

Someone already make a mod like this somewhere? I looked, and can't find much other than a "Male" version.

• 3 years later...

There's a fundamental problem with just copying/converting the files across from Morrowind - it breaks the EULA and as such cannot be supported by this site.

You could always ask on the Oblivion Voice Actor's Guild thread on the forum... maybe someone there will perform the mind-numbing task or re-recording the whole lot.

Yeah sadly that's just not a desirable solution. I thought about doing that once. I'm a voice actor IRL, specializing in storybooks and other educational material. I figure it'd be a fun thing to do, to mix my work with my gaming life. But when I took a look at the CS for the first time to see how I could possibly do it, I got turned off and decided not to bother.

I mean, it's possible, but the amount of time and energy and the eventual file size for a whole voice replacer mod will probably weigh too much. If you don't record it properly using the correct equipment, it'll have variable quality. That's why we generally do voice recordings in studios with proper equipment. Then there's processing the raw audio to try to make it sound like it was done the same way as in Oblivion (same levels, same environment, etc.). Then gathering all the scripts, attaching the voices to all the quests, dialogues, rumors, then worrying about bug testing, etc., because you're going to have to listen to and test every single line, to make sure you didn't accidentally attach the wrong voice file to the wrong sentence, which happens a lot when you're doing something tedious and mundane like working with voices. Trust me on that lol. :hurr:

If you don't mind a poorly put-together mod, somebody could probably finish it with generic home-studio equipment in a few weeks. If you want it to be of fair quality, which you probably do since you're complaining about voices in the first place, then it'll be an undertaking that would be, in terms of effort, at the very least on par with what Bethesda did for all the elven female voices.