Your dovakings skills

TheEliminater

My Dovaking won't wield any armor, clothing, weapons, or magic powers. Primarily because Dovakings does not exist in any way.

My Dovahkiin, however, will be a ranger, lightly armored, with a longbow and short blades.

Ninjas ftw..

Usually I would start with my ninja type of character because I'd watch videos to learn a bit more about the game, but as soon as I receive this in the mail I'm going straight to playing, so therefore, I may have to make a gladiator type of character so I don't die every time I go to kill something one level above me and have to run for my sad life.

• 2 weeks later...

Either:

Alchemy, marksman, light armour, one handed, sneak, security :ninja:

Or:

Heavy armour, two handed, smithing, block So I can have epic 3rd person battles with a huge claymore :biggrin:

Both will use all the magic types

Illusion: See in the dark, become invisible

Restoration: Constantly healing myself

Destruction: Fire lightning out of my fingers ;D FTW

Alteration: Open locks without using up lockpicks, feather spells when looting

Conjuration: Summon awsome creatures to train on

Edited by 10dmcghee

My Dovaking won't wield any armor, clothing, weapons, or magic powers. Primarily because Dovakings does not exist in any way.

My Dovahkiin, however, will be a ranger, lightly armored, with a longbow and short blades.

Thank you, I'm glad SOMEONE actually realized how badly the OP spelled Dovakhiin. Dovaking/dovakings is totally wrong!

I plan on being mostly a one-handed stealth character that occasionally switches over to a bow or some destruction magick. I for one favor being good at a few side things. So it's One-Handed, Sneak, Light Armor, Security and some Destruction, Alchemy, and Archery/Two-Handed.

I'm mostly excited about the two-hands system. Even "true dual-wielding" mods in Oblivion weren't the best - I could only find one that was actually REAL DW, Seph's Dual Wielding...still didn't like it totally. It's just too tough to make I suppose.

I can never bring myself to play anything but a stealth character.

Heavy armors is something I never do.

I really hope the new AI system will make stealth more advanced, HIGHLY doubt it will be done but I would also like to see guards investigating crimes dynamically.

So if you assassinate a powerful person or kill a few guards, it should be investigated more then a guard walking over and saying "HMMM HE DIED RECENTLY, OH WELL."

If you kill someone important, the body should be blocked off and any witness should report to authorities based on how good/bad they are.

Err... Sorry about that, kinda forgot this is a thread on skill choices.

It won't be possible to be a master in everything, but you will be able to focus on multiple skills.

Can you please provide a link to the information detailing this, or is this speculation? Or did you mean you can't be a master in everything meaning every perk as well?

While you're digging, take a look at this link:

Skyrim info from latest issue of French PSM:

It is possible to raise all skills to 100 but not possible to get all perks.

So...to clarify, my understanding from all the many sources I've read is that you can max your skills like in previous titles, but since level 50 is the apparent cap from what I heard from Todd Howard, you clearly can only get like 49 perks.

So yeah, all of us picking what our characters are going to be good at is great...but they'll eventually homogenize skill-wise and it's the perks that'll make the difference...

Edited by natelovesyou

Nord barbarian with huge white beard dual wielding axe and a mace.

Second: mage focusing on conjuration and destruction

Third: Assassin type

Edited by jancina25

It won't be possible to be a master in everything, but you will be able to focus on multiple skills.

Can you please provide a link to the information detailing this, or is this speculation? Or did you mean you can't be a master in everything meaning every perk as well?

While you're digging, take a look at this link:

Skyrim info from latest issue of French PSM:

It is possible to raise all skills to 100 but not possible to get all perks.

So...to clarify, my understanding from all the many sources I've read is that you can max your skills like in previous titles, but since level 50 is the apparent cap from what I heard from Todd Howard, you clearly can only get like 49 perks.

So yeah, all of us picking what our characters are going to be good at is great...but they'll eventually homogenize skill-wise and it's the perks that'll make the difference...

I meant that you can't choose all perks yes.

But still, if you want to have 100 in every skill, you'd have to work hard and wouldn't enjoy the game at all.

I still think that you shouldn't be able to max all skills to 100, it makes you over-powered.

A mod will definitively get more perks. I will wonder how the Fallout approach will work, level to max level then reset to level one to get more perks. But I'm probably going to going to be a Warrior but have magick as well similar to the Battlemage.