Creation Kit - Deleted Objects Still Showing Up In Game

MsRae

Sorry for necro posting but just want to add information for future modders googling for solutions:

If objects you've deleted still shows up in game it's because they're part of a precombined object/grouped object. This happens specifically if you have regenerated precombined objects and previs, thus "locked" the objects in place. You can solve this by using FO4Edit to delete all precombined refs in your mod.

• 2 years later...

Sorry for necro posting but just want to add information for future modders googling for solutions:

If objects you've deleted still shows up in game it's because they're part of a precombined object/grouped object. This happens specifically if you have regenerated precombined objects and previs, thus "locked" the objects in place. You can solve this by using FO4Edit to delete all precombined refs in your mod.

Hi, 2 years after. I've been working on a mod for like 2 years now. And finally I've got everything to work the way I want it. But, just out of nowhere, things I deleted just wont go away. I have tried to change things in the mod. Mixing with the load order etc... Nothing. Even when I start a new game it still is there. More details of what I've done. I have been working on a realism overhaul for fallout 4. And the things I've done for example is that I have made perks which makes it so that you can get critical hits outside of vats. And when you hit someone with a critical hit, thee limb you hit gets crippled instantly. This has worked perfectly until today when I made it so this works for all races. I've been testing on the deathclaw, and I tried to make it so that small arms, like 10mm pistols can't damage the deathclaw. However, this just never works. It worked before, but now it don't. Even if I delete the whole perk, it changes nothing in the behavior when I shoot at the deathclaw.

To be more specifik. I gave the deathclaw the perk, it then changed what happened when I hit it. But it didn't work as I wanted it, so I removed the perk. But now the effects won't go away. Even if I deleted the perk. If the comment you wrote is relevant to the issue Im having, please, can you explain how I do it?

Edited by 13ducksonabox

• 2 weeks later...

Wonder if you are having version check problems.......

Can it be so that if you are testing the mod alot on a savefile and it autosaves frequently, that the mod itself gets corrupted in some way? I know that savefiles can be corrupted. Because when I started a whole new game the issues were still there... So, if the mod gets f*#@ed up because of alot of changes and savings?

• 1 year later...

Same Problem, i was thinking maybe the Refs are baked in the Saved Game...booted up new Game and Refs are still there.....there not Flagged as "Important in any way just sum Plane Clutter....buggers still remain Persistant tho

Same Problem, i was thinking maybe the Refs are baked in the Saved Game...booted up new Game and Refs are still there.....there not Flagged as "Important in any way just sum Plane Clutter....buggers still remain Persistant tho

I know for a fact that anything you "touch" (or sometimes "see" appears enough), is baked into the saved game. One of the reasons you should always use a save from before going somewhere the first time. Even after unloading a mod, it's effects can remain persistent this way.

for example, i ones accidentally moved the geardoor for vault88 (a few mm) while modding. As a result it started glitching. It kept glitching even after unloading my mod. Had to renter the vault, from an earlier save, to fix it.

While testing another mod, where the creator deleted the pipboy crates at the entrance, i found that they would remain if only i 'interacted' with or moved said crates before loading that mod.

However, you should be fine with a new game...

Edited by RoNin1971