Shivering Isles.esp Nowhere To Be Found

runRiderun

Unless you deleted the saves with the installation, they missing is a sign something is already very wrong in Windows register regarding the game. So, MarkInMKUK's link to Bben46 procedure is sound and should be read, understood and followed to the letter.

I assume you have a retail copy and not one those downloadable versions (like steam, D2D and etc), I'm not acquainted with them but know they have their own ways to install, if is the case you should specify it and tell which version it is so someone experimented with them can further help you.

Edited by nosisab

Yes, I have a retail copy of Oblivion. I used the link and followed the instructions on the procedure, and still, nothing.

So, I reinstalled Oblivion to its previous settings, got my save games to work again,and installed Knights of the Nine. I'm tired of trying to deal with what ever is causing Shivering Isles to behave like this and right now just want to be able to play Oblivion again. I guess I'll deal without Shivering Isles for the time being.

Thank you all, in any case, for all of the help! I appreciate it.

• 3 months later...

So all you folks who took the time to help me, I appreciate it. And after months of having given up on trying to get Shivering Isles to work, I chanced upon my problem and it is now fully installed and running smoothly.

The problem was Avast Antivirus' Auto Sandbox feature. It was blocking what it thought was a suspicious program and sending it to the sandbox because it was set on "Auto" instead of "Ask". So, problem solved! :)

Thanks again to all who helped!