Terran Vampires REVIVED

Urko

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i ment like a book/paper that the player getts when they first meat so the lord/prince has writen that is netral sins all the other says theyr clan is best so the prince will not confuse the player whit politics the first time they met

We'll probably just stick to a full manual written outside the game. After all, people don't usually get to pick their clan, but the player is special - why get a book written just for them? Plus it means we get to go into more detail

Blood potency is gained in a few ways now. Levelling is not one of them. Each one is balanced to not make it an easy option.

1. Convert high amounts of Blood Power into low amounts of blood potency. You will struggle for survival without a plentiful supply of blood to sustain this.

2. Drain a Human dry in their sleep. You will lose humanity and a possible meal later on, plus you will gain the attention of vampire hunters.

2. Age. You receive one per day, free of charge. No drawbacks.

3. Receive it as a gift from an elder. Requires a few "favours" in return.

4. Take it by force from another Terran vampire. If you kill a council vampire, you should fear their retribution.

This way, you are not limited to how much you can earn, and there are different ways of earning it and consequences for taking "shortcuts". We are wanting to establish a link between how quickly you grow and how difficult your life is.

For example consider feeding on a sleeping character. If you feed on someone once, taking only enough blood to keep you alive for the night, then they will have no recollection and almost no trace of your passing. You can keep your morals this way and no vampire hunters will be called. Obviously though, you will lack enough blood power to convert to blood potency (unless you want to really push your limits). More aggressive feeding will cause you to leave very recognisable marks on their neck and net you a nice bounty among vampire hunters; but you will have plenty of blood to show for it. Naturally, you will lose a little humanity for this. Finally, if you drain someone completely dry, then you can forget morality. Or being anonymous. This will give you a direct boost to blood potency though, plus plenty of blood to make some more.

As you can see, "Good" vampires don't get in much trouble from the law, but dont get much blood either. "Evil" vampires are the opposite: they have so much blood they cant even keep it all down, but the authorities will stop at nothing to take back every drop.

Will sentient monsters such as Minotaur, Ogres, or Dremora provide blood? Or maybe allow a blood potion to be made by distilling a dremora or human heart?

Will lack of blood upon awakening or sunrise still kill? What if instead it provided a heavy penalty to stats, making you still mobile, but weak for combat?

Will killing bandits and marauders for their blood induce the same penalties as "citizens"?

It seems too easy if they don't count, but it doesn't make much sense that someone would instantly know if you murdered someone in the woods.

I can see how if they survive, they would report the attack to vampire hunters, but if they died how would they know it was the PC?

Maybe vampiric traits becoming visible for loss of humanity?

NPCs only for feeding (technically includes dremora) . Human blood potions will provide nourishment, although I'm still to think of a way to make them.

Losing all of your blood will kill you. It sustains your existence - no blood = no existence.

Now this is where it is a test of a developers skill with making excuses and explaining away any loopholes. So here goes...

Eating someone in self defence is fair enough - heroes can kill the bad guys and are still called "good guys" so why can't you? So humanity should still be okay as far as that goes. However if they are fighting against you while you feed, then you will not gain as much blood, plus most of it will get spilled. Sure it will give you a sizeable amount, but not nearly as much as if you drained someone completely dry. Plus, there has to be a way for "Good" vampires to get a meal, even if they do have to work for it.

As for vampiric traits becoming more visible, that is the whole point of the monster-human balance. The more monster you are, the more of a vampire you are, which is why all your basic abilities, weaknesses and traits become more pronounced. You will probably need to use up blood to conceal your curse, whereas "good" vampires are less vampiric. They can blend into society without any trouble.

i just saw the vids of skyrim and i think if we wait anylonger then we might lose the crowd i know 12 people that have givin up on oblivion after they saw skyrim more and more members are ditching downloading mods and reformed to basicly LIVE in the construction set. its my main concern and i was wondering how the overall mod was going im not rushing im mearly bringing it up to your attenchin and asking you to let me know the progress also im going to need some assignmentets to speed the process

p.s im in a rush so srry for th misspellings

Edited by 2263cam2263

Will this be just like the old mod but with added features? I saw someone say there will be no animal feeding, but I do sort of like being a vegetarian vampire if my vampire character is supposed to be good. I'll be sure to keep my eye out for this nonetheless though, since I'm using Terran Vampires 1.4 at the moment.