CTD when Scrapping / storing in Sanctuary, help required!

Samurok

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bUseCombinedObjects doesn't exist in Fallout4.ini

then you have to add it. Some mods, and if I recall correctly, all scraping mods require that line.

As of patch 1.5 Spring Cleaning required's it, and it has not been updated in 7 month's.

Edited by bill8872

• 2 weeks later...

See to it that in your Fallout.ini (in Documents/My Games) under [General], the line bUseCombinedObjects= has a zero instead of a one after the = (bUseCombinedObjects=0). It can affect V-RAM use but it usually allows scrapping without issues...

I have that set to 0 but I am also getiting CTDs in Sanctuaryfor the last week also but for me it seems to be several items under the power category. Deleting , building or scrapping conduits the siren for attacks,, pylons or vanilla generators causes a CTD Other items may be affected that I haven't checked yet. Using disable via console will remove them items not sure if that causes any additional problems I did build a power generator from another mod and was able to connect some newly built items to it. Connecting to pre-existing pylons or devices caused a CTD. There are still some things like the siren I cannot build at all though without getting an instant CTD.

Started for me tonight. I noticed a week or so ago that the game would hiccup when my workshop item limit is increased or decreased - when you scrap a ton of wires and cage lights I'm guessing it fluctuates more?? Then as of today, I cannot do anything in Sanctuary. Everyone will just have to sleep in tents.

• 2 months later...

In the spirit of the season, i ask you to ponder this:

What goes BUMP in the night?

Answer: This Topic. insert badumtish.wav

If anyone finds this topic like I have, because this bug still exists.... check the date of the topic, now the date of my post.

yup its still here, ran across a ctd or two or three in a fairly modded sanctuary hills settlements, i cant possibly list all of the mods i have installed but im a long time bethesda game player and mod user so i kinda know how this all works so i dont tend to get mod conflicts as i add mods slowly and make sure they work fine before really using them. and with well over 100 installed no conflicts. then i had some ctd's and then i was needing to run the vault 88 dlc, and after spending a lot of time in that damn hole in the ground playing with those vault pieces and decorating many many many rooms and lighting many things, i wanted to freshen up my sanctuary area... and as i tried to scrap a wall, ctd, jump back in and ctd on scrap. tried to scrap other things and ctd, tried to store items like wall or bed, ctd. so i try to scrap anything and ctd. store anything ctd. in sanctuary. went back to 88 and build scrap store move place no problems, and as i have only really built up sanctuary on a brand new game install on a brand new hard drive. i travelled around to other places ive "unlocked" and seem to be able to do as in the vault, build/scrap etc. NO CTD. go back to Sanctuary... instant ctd on scrap action. and not even like hit the e button and then blink ctd, it was as if my game was watching me and AS i hit e it crashed so i went searching for a fix/workaround/modders patch and found this topic...

and i have been to many other pages before here and it seems to be a common bug, sanctuary or quest related.

so here we are closing in on one year since launch and those robobrains at bethesda still have not found a way to fix this.

FFS! will a mod author please save us?

The crash to Desktop is an issue with me currently in Sanctuary. I load about 130 mods and the bug seems to be contingent with specific item types but not always. For example I am currently renovating a building I built as a residence using Snap and Build, into an art gallery. I can delete floors and walls without an issue but I have floor and ceiling lamps I want to change out. I can manage to delete anywhere from 1 to 5 of those objects before I get the crash. If I grab the item and carry it to the edge of Sanctuary (until I get the workshop timeout warning) I can delete but the running back and forth is a pain. The other option is to delete an item, run away and back, save and delete next item.

I am not a programmer but since it seems to happen more often with electrical objects versus other objects there may be a problem being caused with the way these items are linked together and breaking a link by deleting it is causing a logic error and crash. Just my guesses.

Edited by Theftwind

I suddenly started getting this bug last week. I've been building about 8 settlements on my save and decided to go and change a few things in one of them.

Scrapping a light gave me a CTD. Loaded back up, stored light, then stored a bobblehead shelf and crashed. It's maddening. I went to another settlement, that was doing it as well, and another, Sanctuary doing the same random crash. It's been extremely random and very frustrating. My load order or mods haven't changed at all in the past few weeks, so that isn't it either.

I set that save aside and started a new one; scrapped away in Sanctuary until I get slammed with a CTD, of a vanilla item. I hadn't even begun building yet, I was still emptying the place out. What the heck is going on?

Same issue here. I have been scouring bug posts and crash threads and have found no resolution to this. Only some references that it is a code issue that only Bethesda could resolve but I don't see anyone from them acknowledging it as an issue. Does anyone have any links to more detailed info or possible fixes? It started for me by trying to modify my electrical grid (connecting a generator to a switch pylon) but ctd will now occur when I try to scrap certain items like a bed in Sanctuary. I ctd when I just try to flip a switch or turn a generator off outside of workshop mode.

• 2 weeks later...

I have other settlements that are being problematic and it usually boils down to electrical equipment, and even more with clamped electrical items such as connectors or conduits. . It is tied to the lights dimming/going out in the settlement, that is lights that previously were powered are no longer powered. (passive radius lighting) How to fix I have no clue but here is how I have been getting around the issue.

Save often. Especially if you make progress without crashing.

Get the Portal Gun mod and set up a portal between build site and someplace just outside of settlement boundaries.

If using the Place Everywhere mod, disable storing of clamped objects.

Pick up the lights and portal them outside boundary area and place on ground

When you have them all out you can use the console and the disable command to get rid of them.

Disabling storing of clamped items will usually allow the scrapping of object such as a wall that the item is attached to but by doing it in this manner I can go ahead and make most changes.

• 4 weeks later...

I am also having this problem, only at Red Rocket. I do have one other thing to contribute though. This problem only manifests for me AFTER I complete Mankind Redefined. I have loaded an old save, had everything work properly, and then after completing the quest again, had everything CTD whenever I scrap or store an item in the workshop.

Is anyone else around this quest as well?