Change of Ad Provider

Dark0ne

In response to post #37678400.

beladan wrote: A site (Echone?) or something like that just hijacked your page and tried to fool me into downloading 'flash' from them.

Sorry. Adblock is going back on for this site. I'm quite shocked to see this occur on the Nexus and had unblocked you to support the site. This has changed my mind, guys.

Edit: You know what, I'll make the donation you suggest. That seems win/win

The switch has not happened yet.

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #37675895.

lasse1001 wrote: Thank you for caring about us Dark0ne. :) Whitelisting Nexus here again then. It's a good thing that misbehaving Ad providers gets a kick in the but, at least one time. Don't they understand that they kill their future work? I don't mind common Ads usually, but when they hijack me or plays stupid sounds, I hit the block button for my own sanity and safety. Thanks again for your great site. :)

Wait 'till Saturday to do that. Edited by Madcat221

I actually bought supporter status because I really didn't want to use an adblocker here, but the chance of being redirected by an ad was ridiculous. And because I like to have a lot of tabs open at once, and ads make that a bad idea. I'm glad you've been trying to figure out how bad it was and stopped utilizing such advertisement. Thank you!

I, for one, appreciate your dedication to the safe sharing of information and mods and so forth. I have high regard for this site and all your work and that of the modders who contribute to the betterment of the Gaming Community as a whole! I will stick with you no matter what and, when I have a little extra money available I will upgrade my membership. It isn't much but every bit helps.

It is the least I can do to thank you and all the wonderful modders that make my gaming experience such a joy. Even games that are, at times, a real pain in the 'sitapon'.

I also want to say to the advertisers out there that I don't mind advertisements, especially if they let me know about a game or other items that I might be interested in. That is what advertising is supposed to be about. I don't appreciate the ones of which you spoke that take over my browser and send me to places that do not what to be. There must be professionalism on the part of the advertisers.

Thank you for all your good work.

Edited by Numbnumb

Fan-frickin'-tastic news, man. I've had a lot of complaints about ad issues here over the last few months, and aside from filing reports, knew there wasn't much I could do about it, short of using AdBlock (which I won't do, as I refuse to take website service providers for granted like that). Great to see you taking such a keen interest in making the sites as user-friendly as you can!