Change of Ad Provider

Dark0ne

I enabled ads for a while to try and support the site and had severe performance issues to the point where I had to force close Firefox every time. I don't have viruses and there weren't self playing ads. there was no reason for a few ads to pretty much crash my computer. this is why I see no reason to willingly disable ad block. but if this is really true might give it another spin in a while. Edited by xometalox

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something that needs to be understood by anyone that runs a website; yes, i enjoy your website and am glad it's here for me to use, however I WILL NOT PAY MONEY FOR IT. EVER. And time is money, every time a stupid ad takes my focus away from what is actually important to me, i consider it a loss that i will never get back; time is precious and i take my life seriously. Call it dramatic, but the fact is, advertisements are a waste of life to the victims, and its sad.

I come here for mods because passionate gamers and modders share things here just for the sake of sharing, with no expectation for financial compensation.

It's not my problem my adblocker loses you money. I dont give a fck about ads, they don't deserve the smallest chance to gain even 1% of my attention for a split second. Advertisement is disgusting and one of the most shameful things humans do. Fck the ads, i will always eliminate them when possible sorry if that hurts you.

In response to post #38516395.

kibilko wrote: Something that needs to be understood by anyone that runs a website; yes, i enjoy your website and am glad it's here for me to use, however I WILL NOT PAY MONEY FOR IT. EVER. And time is money, every time a stupid ad takes my focus away from what is actually important to me, i consider it a loss that i will never get back; time is precious and i take my life seriously. Call it dramatic, but the fact is, advertisements are a waste of life to the victims, and its sad.

I come here for mods because passionate gamers and modders share things here just for the sake of sharing, with no expectation for financial compensation.

It's not my problem my adblocker loses you money. I dont give a fck about ads, they don't deserve the smallest chance to gain even 1% of my attention for a split second. Advertisement is disgusting and one of the most shameful things humans do. Fck the ads, i will always eliminate them when possible sorry if that hurts you.

sad that so many has lost thire computer files , due to viruses caused by adds. adblocker is a must for most sites anymore. Edited by jeyjs

The nexus has tool to report ads that are problems. But the nexus also has operating costs.

Sure, it doesn't cost me anything as an author to create a mod (other than my time, and as you said time is money), but the servers hosting my mod are not run on charity. It costs money for power, cooling, hardware, bandwidth.

AdBlock is like pirating; except in the case of pirating, you're just not-paying the movie/game company; whereas with adblock, it's not just not-paying, you're actually costing the site money by using their bandwidth.

Yes, there's shady ads -- but the nexus has a ad reporting tool. Report the ones that are problematic.

Hello, I'm very sorry but I had to enable adblock I was having performance issues with the front page. I will try to disable it again and see if I can pinpoint what add was doing it, but ublock is showing 30 adds blocked. perhaps same add tries to load multiple times?

Update: It's videos. Every time video ad opens up the website becomes unusable. Chrome, Win 10.

Edited by Delta105RUS

I hear all this advice about reporting bad ads to the Nexus. OK. ANY add that runs as a video simply chocks my system. I would love to disable Adblock but, I can't.

I would allow banner ads, they cause no problem. Video ads totally cripple my system and almost crash Firefox. We can discuss the merits of advertising and how it helps support the Nexus all day long. I agree. I get it. I would love too. Stop the videos and I will disable Adblocker.