Change of Ad Provider

Dark0ne

74.99 USD for lifetime premium membership. Well worth the dive. Love the multithreaded downloads and no ads, plus it helps support genuinely honest sites like this that want the best for their visitors.

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #37743310.

Kuroitsune wrote: I turned on ad block because of those ads, then turned it off to support this site today, but alas, no ads at all. Have supporters always had the benefit of no ads?

"Have supporters always had the benefit of no ads?"

Yes.

Thank you thank you thank you. I know taking a revenue hit is bad, but taking the time to ensure that the users approve of your method of generating revenue is a hard thing to find these days, and has warmed my itty bitty heart. Thank you guys for being good guys.

So far none of the adds have been high-def videos (just low-def or slideshows), none have replaced the Nexus background, none have opened popups (though i left that option of adblock on all sites before - it's off on Nexus now). It is a bit of a buzzkill when someone is watching Netflix and i'm browsing, but the adds thankfully seem to load after the Nexus content so it hasn't really bogged down loading the page any more than usual.

So far none of the adds have been high-def videos (just low-def or slideshows), none have replaced the Nexus background, none have opened popups (though i left that option of adblock on all sites before - it's off on Nexus now). It is a bit of a buzzkill when someone is watching Netflix and i'm browsing, but the adds thankfully seem to load after the Nexus content so it hasn't really bogged down loading the page any more than usual.

So the problem is fixed?

In response to post #37743310. #37754675 is also a reply to the same post.

Kuroitsune wrote: I turned on ad block because of those ads, then turned it off to support this site today, but alas, no ads at all. Have supporters always had the benefit of no ads?
rad666a wrote: "Have supporters always had the benefit of no ads?"

Yes.

I myself have never been a fan of ads, so I hit that middle ground, because I do really love the Nexus, and became a supporter for that reason. I still block you tube ads, especially now that they have started doing the "commercial break" bs on their videos.

I listen to videos on you tube to help me get to sleep, there's special relaxation videos out there for that purpose, and getting an earful of a loud advert while trying to sleep is my top 'first world problem'.