Hardcore Mode???

GodlyHen

I'd like to see a hardcore mode in Skyrim but it's unlikely to be there simply because a post apocalyptic setting is by it's very definition about survival. If it is in I hope it's only toggle-able at game start as I've heard that you can turn it off at anytime in NV.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it needs to be brought to attention that Fallout: New Vegas was developed by Obsidian Entertainment, and published by Bethesda Game Studios. With that being said, I have little faith that a "hardcore mode" will be in Skyrim. I'm not saying it's not happening, I'm just bringing light to this conversation since it's yet to have been mentioned.

I'd like to see a hardcore mode in Skyrim but it's unlikely to be there simply because a post apocalyptic setting is by it's very definition about survival. If it is in I hope it's only toggle-able at game start as I've heard that you can turn it off at anytime in NV.

Also kinda hard to survive in temperatures below freezing, and Skyrim has a lot of cold areas.

Edited by marharth

Well, if it isn't in, it's relatively easy to mod it in. Oblivion had a collection of some pretty elaborate "survival" mods. Fallout also, and Fallout NV obviously had most elaborate ones simply because there was an officially supported system included. If Skyrim ends up with a similar limb damage system to Fallout, I see no obstacle in providing a quality survival mod for those who prefer to play like that.

Personally, I would love an option to freeze to death, starve or die from thirst. Or bleed out. Or break limbs, suffer burns and electrocution trauma (tee hee) etc. Makes gameplay a lot more interesting.

Forgive me if this topic has already been covered, but i really think Bethesda should put in hardcore mode like in New Vegas. With it, you could have your character go out and essentially live out in the wild where to survive, he/she must hunt and sleep and hope a dragon doesnt attack while he/she sleeps 0.0 But yea, whether you choose to live in the wild or not, this would be an overall cool feature. Its not like they've never done it before either ;D So post here what you guys think too? :D

I hope it isn't in Vanilla Skyrim. reason is that takes a fair bit of time in the development cycle. There are more things (better NPCs, dungeons, etc) that I would rather see. It isn't really important to me to have a Hardcore mode. But if it is there, that would be kinda cool.

I hope it isn't in Vanilla Skyrim. reason is that takes a fair bit of time in the development cycle. There are more things (better NPCs, dungeons, etc) that I would rather see. It isn't really important to me to have a Hardcore mode. But if it is there, that would be kinda cool.

This kind of reasoning drives me up a wall. People assume that no matter what you choose to put into a game, you are by definition taking away something from another part of the game. Companies have x number of employees and y amount of time and z amount of money. At some point in that equation, it doesn't matter how much more of x y or z you put into dungeons and NPCs, you'll just get to a point of tweaking pixels here and there, when that same amount of xyz could be spent on adding things you would actually notice.:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...