Dualing in the streets!?

infernohero

Seriously I love all these extra ideas. I hope they take their claim to heart that they're trying to put as much stuff in it as possible. That's really what makes RPG's and fantasy fun, when there's a bunch of details you can play with. Lots of stuff to try out, duels, games, drinking, interaction, reactions to weird stuff you do, impressing people, pissing people off, doing stuff with pets, making the game your own. Remember Fable? That was great, loved the minigames.

Fantastic. I am all in favor of non-lethal duels. I wonder if you get any experience points for dueling. Tavern brawls, dueling, romance, and hopefully some good quests with choices. The more the better.

Why wouldn't you get experience for dueling?In TES games, you don't get your experience by killing, you get it by using your skills on enemies, whether you kill them or not is irrelevant to how much experience you acquire.I think Arena is an exception to this however.

I understand that you get no experience points for the Tavern brawls so I just wondered.

I'm not even sure if you can participate in the tavern brawls in the game, for all we know they might be ambient.Similar to how the Fighters Guild members would spar with each other in Oblivion, but if you tried to spar with them it counted as an assault, and here come the psychic guards.

I understand that you get no experience points for the Tavern brawls so I just wondered.

I'm not even sure if you can participate in the tavern brawls in the game, for all we know they might be ambient.Similar to how the Fighters Guild members would spar with each other in Oblivion, but if you tried to spar with them it counted as an assault, and here come the psychic guards.

That would imply that the brawlers would ignore the player, which would be utterly ridiculous. I doubt Bethesda would create a situation like that, they might as well have dragons wear clown hats then.

I hope the guard situation's been fixed, I'm so sick of sniping someone, and then having guards automatically run up to me, despite not having seen me.