Which faction did you side with?

MissRedZelda

Ok, I started to side with Yes Man, then upon almost full completion changed my mind and went to re-start the quest with House. Mr. House's quest stalled however. I am no longer in possession of the platinum chip, and have no way to activate the robot army. I will probably side with Yes Man again, but would like to make the Brotherhood of Steel or the Enclave the new rulers.

Cant happen im afraid. Unless only in your own mind.

And now that we get to talk about other factions:

Big Mountain: Im pretty damn sure the doom they would bring is far beyond what minngarm has imagined. The entire world would be like Big Mountain a crater of failed experiments and abominations. However you can still gain complete control of Big Mountain allowing you to contain them inside their lab and use whatever useful results they get in their experiments to improve whatever faction your siding with.Unless its Legion(against tech) or NCR(You have no control over the NCR if you have them win you just get a medal then they tell you to go crawl in a whole and die. Reminds me of someone.)

Tribes of Zion: They really dont have any power they are fairly small tribes and as weve seen before Joshua Graham sucks at tactics and probably could only do a successful attack against the White Legs because of The Courier.

The Brotherhood of the West Coast: You will all die in a hole.

Brotherhood of the East Coast: You shouldnt even be Canon.

Enclave: Im pretty sure their all dead as their is no way a small outpost on the east coast could have massively more numbers then the main Enclave outpost.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry you didnt like FO3, but it is Cannon, and it does make sense in the fallout world. As for the Enclave, they probably have/had several outposts all over North America, and access to vast stores of weapons, munitions, and even operational vehicles. Which gives them an edge.

Now for the Yes man/You ending, that cant really be discussed as were all different, and like me, play more than one type of character, so that changes greatly in every situation, not just if the ending happens, but what our characters would do afterwards. You would still face the challenges of the Legion and NCR, as well as the smaller factions. Defeat at the Dam is not the end of either main faction, its only a setback.

Now saying Graham sucks at tactics is a bit far fetched. We only know of his one failure, and all his other success, which are not given tactical details. As for the first battle at the Dam, its a fairly good tactic, he just did not account for the NCRs willingness to sacrifice their own men in boulder city, as they blew it up with their own troops still inside. Like any good tactician I believe Graham has learned from his past mistake, and would have adapted to be able to counter such tactics in the future, as well as modify some for his own use using the legions strong points.

• 2 years later...

I usually take NCR or House.

NCR because they are the largest Faction in Mojave Desert, if you get vilified by NCR, you have difficulties almost everywhere, inclusive the strip.

If you get vilified by the Legion, what happens? Almost nothing, since they almost don't control anything in Mojave.

House, because he have the visions for the future and the know-how with pre-war technology. He was the founder of Robco. He aims for the stars and get to the trees, and that is better than Legion, that don't really have the long-term visions, Yes Man, no thank you. He obeys anybody that he come across with.

not exactly. yes man upload a program to make him self more quote unquote assertive. which in my eyes is good. becuase he hasn't rejected the courier as the owner of vegas as he see his as "still in charge" and with this assertiveness his is NUCH less likely to accept anyone elses orders

• 4 weeks later...

I usually take NCR or House.

NCR because they are the largest Faction in Mojave Desert, if you get vilified by NCR, you have difficulties almost everywhere, inclusive the strip.

If you get vilified by the Legion, what happens? Almost nothing, since they almost don't control anything in Mojave.

House, because he have the visions for the future and the know-how with pre-war technology. He was the founder of Robco. He aims for the stars and get to the trees, and that is better than Legion, that don't really have the long-term visions, Yes Man, no thank you. He obeys anybody that he come across with.

not exactly. yes man upload a program to make him self more quote unquote assertive. which in my eyes is good. becuase he hasn't rejected the courier as the owner of vegas as he see his as "still in charge" and with this assertiveness his is NUCH less likely to accept anyone elses orders

Word of Sawyer says that he only sees the courier as his master.

• 2 weeks later...

I went with the NCR. At the end I kind of had a bad taste as Moore was directing me around to kill people. I let the Legate run back from the Dam.

I felt kind of bad for killing House as he didn't seem much worse than the other 2 factions in the end. Certainly more respectful.

My favorite is House. He isn't too bad and he understands how the world works, both the old and the new. He is also pleasant unless you get in his way, in which case he'll take you down. He knows how to talk to people and when you need to talk and when the sword is needed. He's the only one who can keep this place paradise.

2nd is Legion. They know what it takes to rule a world, but the ends don't always justify the means. The Legate can't rule, but Caesar is a intelligent man, much like House. If there's one difference between them and NCR, it's that the Legion has balls, they can stomach the responsibilities that come with civilization.

3rd is NCR, they have great ideas, but no way to use them. They have good people, but bad leaders. Good morals, but don't know when to use violence and they always try to talk. Chief Hanlon has my respect, but the rest of their leaders are awful people that I usually put in the ground.

My least favorite is Independent. It might be the closest to canon, but it's a idiotic idea in the first place. Vegas is in NO shape to rule itself, the outcome would be different than what you see in real life: it would be full of looting and hell, turning the final paradise in the world into hell incarnate.

• 7 months later...
My favorite is House. He isn't too bad and he understands how the world works, both the old and the new. He is also pleasant unless you get in his way, in which case he'll take you down. He knows how to talk to people and when you need to talk and when the sword is needed. He's the only one who can keep this place paradise. 2nd is Legion. They know what it takes to rule a world, but the ends don't always justify the means. The Legate can't rule, but Caesar is a intelligent man, much like House. If there's one difference between them and NCR, it's that the Legion has balls, they can stomach the responsibilities that come with civilization. 3rd is NCR, they have great ideas, but no way to use them. They have good people, but bad leaders. Good morals, but don't know when to use violence and they always try to talk. Chief Hanlon has my respect, but the rest of their leaders are awful people that I usually put in the ground. My least favorite is Independent. It might be the closest to canon, but it's a idiotic idea in the first place. Vegas is in NO shape to rule itself, the outcome would be different than what you see in real life: it would be full of looting and hell, turning the final paradise in the world into hell incarnate.

Are you kidding? There isn't a higher chance of looting at the end of the Independent. In the Independent you take control of the Securatrons you do not destroy them. The securatrons have been keeping people in line for years, you think they are not going to do their job because the leadership changed? Not only that, The 3 families still have a motivation to keep crime down, if they don't they will lose their lives of luxury.

• 2 months later...

I've finished with all factions in various ways. I'm going to stick out like a sore thumb and say that the Legion could be an amazing faction if it were possible to see what goes on in the East. When I first spoke to that Legion merchant outside the fort he said something along the lines of, "I don't even have to hire caravan guards because all of the bandits and raiders have either run off or been killed." And that really made me wonder. Then, curious as I usually am, did a bunch of research on the Legion with the Fallout wiki and I started to get a different view on how they run. If what I've read correctly, Legion cities are amazing places. Trade hubs are strong, currency actually has strength, and it's pretty safe. I just hate it how they have to enslave people and treat women like crap. I do think that Legion can do things really efficiently, probably twice as fast and twice as strong as the NCR, but because of their immoral background, they're shunned as a possible choice to side with.

Anyway, that's my two cents on that.

Other then that, I'd pick House regardless. I did like Yes Man's ending, but I don't trust the Courier to hold Vegas or the world like House can. It's just not possible; House has 200 years of learning, thinking, experiencing. The problem I see with House is that he's able to use that to his own personal advantage.

That's the interesting thing about New Vegas. There are no right choices - do you maintain the status quo under a selfish autocrat, side with the faction that's able to run its cities perfectly but also is full of slavers and misogynists, ally with an ineffective and corrupt 'democracy' ruled by the wealthy, or try to strike out on your own?

Really, I always go for the last one. There's no other valid choice, in my mind.