Blender Mesh Custom Weapon > Nifskope > FO4Editor > Fallout 4?

zackzalok12345

So I've followed Gambsmoore's guide to a T and I keep coming up with the same problem: My mesh turns up invisible. I don't think it's the bounding sphere because the weapon's shadow doesn't show up either. I've spent so many hours trying to figure this out, I've swallowed my pride to ask for your help. I used the same Chinese Officer sword .NIF as the base (just like in the tutorial) and made all the same adjustments. I'm using the same .OBJ/Texture .DDS file I used for a Skyrim weapon mod I made a while back but I converted the mesh to the correct Fallout 4 format (I'm pretty f*#@ing sure) and I feel like i'm missing something simple. I just can't pinpoint it. I can provide the files and any details you might need. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, one thing to note: When I try using the Creation Kit, the mesh seems to appear just fine with the textures when I click on "Art and Audio" when editing the weapon file. Then; after I enable the mod, I log into the game and find that the Vanilla Chinese Officer Sword mesh that I supposedly replaced with my own custom mesh is still there but with my weapon's textures applied to it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Are you using a bgsm with the weapon, believe it or not I have some weapons that if have them the item does not show and then others were have got to have them or it's a no show. So might try checking that.

Oh as to skyrim stuff, I was able to take one of my axes directly into the CK without any conversions to it .. haven't tested in the game yet, but shows up in the CK and can place it into a world space in the ck ... now for the FNV stuff have to go through what moore laid out with some minor changes. So might just try and see if the original meshes can be used in the CK .. take the sword or grog axe and change the mesh to what used in skyrim and see what happens ....

no promises here but so far have been able to get 3-4 items to work from skyrim without conversions the way moore lays it out. Do have failures though so who knows