Has anyone ever played all the way through with full load order?

yudhi108

Yeah, I did play with max before. You have to be careful for incompatabilities and if Skyrim could handle it. Running it with 248 at the moment, had to use some auto ghosting as well though.

I try to be carefull with my textures, usually only use 40/50 graphic mods and a ENB.

That's also because theres so many great mods like Legacy of the Dragonborn that I simply can't go without.

I also avoid stuff like Fnis and use animations that are less heavy on your Skyrim like lifelike idle animations.

I don't use too many mods that expand on the same thing.

For example, some people use about 15 mods for just their characters. (body's, skeletons, eyes, beards, scars, teeth, fitness level, skin, no more bronze shine etc etc)

I usualy go with just the unp configuration package.

Same for overhauls. You really don't need high resolution texture pack when you use a overhaul.

Edited by laiilaiiheii

Yeah, I did play with max before. You have to be careful for incompatabilities and if Skyrim could handle it. Running it with 248 at the moment,

load order?

I had some problems with some mods like BreezeFullyUpgraded and JK's Whiterun which were giving me tons of infinite loading screens. I have everything sorted out now and got rid of those two mods during a playthrough. I've only got 149 mods and a chunk of it are all the recommended graphical/lighting improvement mods on the Real Vision page as well as Real Vision itself, rest are weapons, armor, hair and a couple of novelty mods like animations and Rayeks End.

I haven't started Dragonborn yet as I had just finished Hearthfire and doing a lot of side quests in the meantime and get some exp in before starting another major quest but I do plan on doing a full playthrough. I'll add more mods after finishing my current game. Adding script inducing mods during a playthrough will give you alot of problems, so it's always best to start a fresh game if you plan on adding those kind of mods.

Edited by CxxProphet

I always consider my game finished before I start another one. I like to finish all my quest mods. However, there are a few parts of the main game that are too tedious to finish once you have played through more than once, such as all the needed quests to become guild master of the thieves guild or finding the treasures of the Dark Brotherhood torture victims. Next playthrough I am considering skipping the entire Solstheim experience. Possibly even the Dawnguard DLC as well. I enjoy having the Hearthfire homes, but would never bother without using a Hearthfire Cheat mod that provides all the crafting material. If you want enjoyable replays, you have to mix things up a bit each time. A non-linear open world game like Skyrim with all of its wonderful mods (New Lands, Quests, and advanced Companions) keeps the game fresh and enjoyable. Your part in all of this is to not get stuck in a rut.

Yeah, I did play with max before. You have to be careful for incompatabilities and if Skyrim could handle it. Running it with 248 at the moment,

load order?

What do you mean?

load order?

What do you mean?

Oh, sorry. I was wondering if you could post your load order which worked all the way through the DLC and storyline :)

I always consider my game finished before I start another one. I like to finish all my quest mods. However, there are a few parts of the main game that are too tedious to finish once you have played through more than once, such as all the needed quests to become guild master of the thieves guild or finding the treasures of the Dark Brotherhood torture victims. Next playthrough I am considering skipping the entire Solstheim experience. Possibly even the Dawnguard DLC as well. I enjoy having the Hearthfire homes, but would never bother without using a Hearthfire Cheat mod that provides all the crafting material. If you want enjoyable replays, you have to mix things up a bit each time. A non-linear open world game like Skyrim with all of its wonderful mods (New Lands, Quests, and advanced Companions) keeps the game fresh and enjoyable. Your part in all of this is to not get stuck in a rut.

I like your point about not geting stuck in a rut and how to have a good experience. I'd still like to at least once play through the entire game including the DLC's in one playthrough with mods.

Edited by yudhi108

My load order is ~30 mods only (different setups for different heroes, so numbers are varied) so yes, I've played through DG and DB no problem all the way through, several times, no issues.

And that's quite logical really, Skyrim is a mess, more mods you have, harder it is to sort it out to get stable game, I doubt from your list there are all 100% must have mods, so I would cut it and keep only those I can't live without, would make your life easier I bet.

Im with you.

i personally just do NOT see the need for 200 plus mods or whatever you define as a "full load order". I have 40 esps right now game looks beautiful and is completely different from vanilla. I keep it minimal mainly for requiem but even without i just dont see the need for 200 to 400 mods.

With all that said tho even with conflict resolution and good modding practices there will always be small glitces, bugs, and the occasional CTD just due to skyrims ancient engine.

On my minimal setup i CTD every 2-3 hours usually during combat. Only had 2 crashes just walking around.

Edited by ironbender800

I need all of mine. All 254 of them.

But only about 70 are game changers. The rest are armors, weapons & follower mods.

My game is about large battles, so I have added lots of NPCs & mods that supplement their behaviors.

Most of the CTDs I get are running out of memory from the amount of NPCs in a cell.

I use CBBE, UPN & UPN & UPNB so I need lots of different armors.

The fun part about having a large load list is seeing when mods collide(in a good way).

The down side is even a mod update or the passing of time in a save can tip the balance & cause CTDs.

If I decide to go through the entire Dragon born quest & DLCs I would not use an existing save. I would use a new save & my character would be a Nord. In my game they are more stable as the save gets older than the other vanilla races. I use custom races most of the time but they get issues with the DLCs.

There is nothing like the DLCs to make a save unstable. I do Dragonborn right after I visit the Graybeards & Dawngaurd just before finish the main quest. After Dawngaurd my save is pretty much trashed(lots of CTDs). I attribute this to Dawngaurd because Dragonborn doesn't seem to have much impact on a save. Keeping a save going after these quests is not worth the effort & avoiding these quest allows me to play twice as long with a character. That is how it is in my game.

Later

Yes, I've played all the way through on a "full" load order (both DLCs, the MQ, Thane of most of the holds). The only thing I've ever truly gotten stuck on due to a glitch is the CW. Besides using the aforementioned good modding practices, the biggest thing is to not mess with your load order once you've started a new game. Wait to install any new mods until you; are 'done' with that playthough, or don't care if you wreck it.