Registry Error

storminmormon

I'm working with an unfamiliar Win7 desktop. Morrowind was installed into the Program Files(86), but later moved directly into the C:\ drive - literally drag+drop'd right in. Coming in after all that, I just tried to install the Morrowind Graphics & Sounds Overhaul, v 1.2. It was working just fine until it opened the MGS Options tweak window, and now each time I hover over an option, it comes up with a window telling me a bunch of stuff about a registry error, which wasn't surprising when I found out the Bethsoft directory had been dumped into the C:\ drive manually.

The game still plays, but won't this cause further issues later...?

Is there any quick fix? I would normally just reinstall, but I've read that the uninstalls do not change registry signatures or something?

I don't understand what you mean, did you:

1. Install Morrowind to the default directory initially; and
  2. Did you move it to a different directory after install?

I will assume that you did these actions, whilst the install DOES leave registry entries, don't worry about them, the game will still play perfectly. If you are really worried about them, you should have an option just after you begin the install to change directory, I tell anyone who has worries like this to change the default directory to C:\Games. the registry entries will still be created, but for the folder C:\Games!

In my instance I have 3 hard drives, C is used for the O/S and drivers and of course any other programmes that absolutely need to be on C drive. D drive is reserved for Games, Games Associated Programmes, whilst E drive is just for private data such as Microsoft Word Files..

Don't worry if you haven't got the drives or capacity to do these, keeping everything on C Drive won't hurt, but do go into the Control Panel and disable the UAC system as well.