Where will the next Fallout be?

jukehero461

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking about this just the other day, I would love to see it set in Manhattan NYC. I really miss the urban feel of FO3 particularly with the famous landmarks. The vast wide open spaces of New Vegas look terrible and dont really work well with the current engine IMHO although the Jungle idea mentioned earlier or any less open environment would probably be an improvement. I definitely prefer a post apocalyptic story setting to be in the rubble and ruins of civilization.

i agree, the new vegas desert was just too boring for me and the battlezones don't have enough nooks and crannies and it really lacks when it comes to the actual environment and gameworld, the quests are pretty good and i like the skill and perk system, along with the weapons and mods but i'm really looking forward to more of an urban type area, but a better one than in FO3, as good as it was it could of had an even better urban type area, kinda like how the pitt was but much much bigger, so i'm all for it being set in some big city.

I was thinking about this just the other day, I would love to see it set in Manhattan NYC. I really miss the urban feel of FO3 particularly with the famous landmarks. The vast wide open spaces of New Vegas look terrible and dont really work well with the current engine IMHO although the Jungle idea mentioned earlier or any less open environment would probably be an improvement. I definitely prefer a post apocalyptic story setting to be in the rubble and ruins of civilization.

i agree, the new vegas desert was just too boring for me and the battlezones don't have enough nooks and crannies and it really lacks when it comes to the actual environment and gameworld, the quests are pretty good and i like the skill and perk system, along with the weapons and mods but i'm really looking forward to more of an urban type area, but a better one than in FO3, as good as it was it could of had an even better urban type area, kinda like how the pitt was but much much bigger, so i'm all for it being set in some big city.

Keep in mind, that this fallout is going to be on an updated engine that skyrim is running.. idk if youve ever played skyrim but scenery has been improved greatly on a scale against oblivion's copy paste forest and fallouts generally flat and nonexistent feel..which this system will be incredibly more awesome. As far as the urban stuff goes, the only way i feel is, i like fallout 3's concept of the big city, but it took up half the map :/ and it was all grey and seemed, just, confusing the first playthrough and i had many friends feel like it was gripping enough cuz it felt the same everywhere you went..new vegas was undoubtedly superior as to mechanics and the tiny stuff like what to do with all that misc junk laying around. i live in minnesota and if they could take your idea of a big city, and make it not soooo exterior big, maybe make many underground levels or different world spaces for it and have open area like newvegas around it i would be all for this. The midwest would be the perfect place actually.. and a deserts a desert, after a nuke its a bigger desert.. so anything anywhere else would probably be a step up..

Keep in mind, that this fallout is going to be on an updated engine that skyrim is running.. idk if youve ever played skyrim but scenery has been improved greatly on a scale against oblivion's copy paste forest and fallouts generally flat and nonexistent feel..which this system will be incredibly more awesome. As far as the urban stuff goes, the only way i feel is, i like fallout 3's concept of the big city, but it took up half the map :/ and it was all grey and seemed, just, confusing the first playthrough and i had many friends feel like it was gripping enough cuz it felt the same everywhere you went..new vegas was undoubtedly superior as to mechanics and the tiny stuff like what to do with all that misc junk laying around.

yeah i play all bethesda games..rural areas don't really give you much post apocalyptic feel to em and they did have a good amount of city area in FO3 but even at that, i would like to see even more urban area, to me there's all sorts of possibilites like industrial sections, business districts, skyscrapers, commercial areas, and they could put in some outlying areas, suburbs and housing, apartment comlexes, things like airports, big parks. crysis 2 has a some good city type areas in it and the new engine for skyrim can easily handle that type of stuff, they really need to build on some of the good aspects obsidian did so well in new vegas. and they did some parts of new vegas very well. just not as much in the combat and exploration areas. i think thats where bethesda really shines, the actual gameworlds/environments they create are pretty cool.

Edited by arcanewizard

Personally, I'd rather have 1 and 2 remade with skyrim's engine in a FO 3/NV style.

Who here thinks a remake of 1 and 2 would be nice?

Anyway, for some reason I'm thinking that 4 will be a return to FO 1 area's.

I'm really hoping that it will allow you to choose what faction won in NV. The story would change depending on it. If the person never played NV, then my guess is that NCR would be cannon victory.

Another place I'd like to see is the commonwealth area that was talked about a bit in FO 3. Place would be interesting just because of them having tech to make human-like androids. I could easily see the BoS and whats left of the Enclave going to war over that kinda tech. Given that Doctor Li left Rivet City to visit the commonwealth, you could proably have a return to the capital wasteland as a DLC, or even part of the main game.

Edited by asdfth12

Keep in mind, that this fallout is going to be on an updated engine that skyrim is running.. idk if youve ever played skyrim but scenery has been improved greatly on a scale against oblivion's copy paste forest and fallouts generally flat and nonexistent feel..which this system will be incredibly more awesome. As far as the urban stuff goes, the only way i feel is, i like fallout 3's concept of the big city, but it took up half the map :/ and it was all grey and seemed, just, confusing the first playthrough and i had many friends feel like it was gripping enough cuz it felt the same everywhere you went..new vegas was undoubtedly superior as to mechanics and the tiny stuff like what to do with all that misc junk laying around. i live in minnesota and if they could take your idea of a big city, and make it not soooo exterior big, maybe make many underground levels or different world spaces for it and have open area like newvegas around it i would be all for this. The midwest would be the perfect place actually.. and a deserts a desert, after a nuke its a bigger desert.. so anything anywhere else would probably be a step up..

To be honest, I feel that this next game should take place in New York. The Big Apple would be the best, gameplay and story wise, to make a game. The endless amount of different and interesting sights, and lets not forget Central Park.

But thats just my opinion.

I've seem many mentions of tribes and groups coming from places like Arizona, Utah, Colorado & New Mexico, perhaps is may be one of them locations. Though I would love to see Florida as one of the options, imagine going around a dilapidated Miami a place that was scattered with life and palm trees now ruined by bombs and old broken down amusement parks.

To be honest, I feel that this next game should take place in New York. The Big Apple would be the best, gameplay and story wise, to make a game. The endless amount of different and interesting sights, and lets not forget Central Park.

But thats just my opinion.

lol new york would be cool, kinda.. itd be just like fallout 3 if anything though if it was just new york... but it cant be new york because if it was new york, itd be a desert or a big sandlot..because new york was the first to go and got hit the hardest by nukes..