Local Map Is Blank

So, after playing a little bit, i noticed my local map is blank. Did some research, and for many people, the problem was caused by too high of a FNearDistance value in the .ini file. I changed it from 10.0000 to 2.0000 in the Oblivion_Default.ini and it didn't do anything. It really doesn't help that there are multiple .ini's after installign OBGE4.

Also noteworthy is that the red bars in loading screens on loading indicators is very delayed in showing up. As in, it won't show up red, it'll be blank, even though the indicator is moving to the right to show progress of loading.

And certain menus that pop up do not have solid dialog boxes anymore (backgrounds) anymore.

I THINK it happened once i changed certain settings for OBGE because i wanted to remove some of the "enhancements".

NEVER (as in never EVER) edit Oblivion_default.ini ... that is the file that the game uses as a base to build your Oblivion.ini on first start of the game.

Oblivion.ini is located in your Users\[username]\ Documents\My Games\Oblivion folder for all versions of Window newer than WinXP. It is the ONLY Oblivion.ini you should ever edit (and is the only INI that will change how your game looks/works ... Oblivion_default.ini is only used by the game when it can't find Users\[username]\ Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Oblivion.ini, as is the case when starting the game the first time after installing it, or as a troubleshooting step when trying to get a badly messed up Oblivion.ini back to working condition ... something that will be a bit more complicated for you now that you have made changes to the game's Oblivion_default.ini).

NEVER (as in never EVER) edit Oblivion_default.ini ... that is the file that the game uses as a base to build your Oblivion.ini on first start of the game.

Oblivion.ini is located in your Users\[username]\ Documents\My Games\Oblivion folder for all versions of Window newer than WinXP. It is the ONLY Oblivion.ini you should ever edit (and is the only INI that will change how your game looks/works ... Oblivion_default.ini is only used by the game when it can't find Users\[username]\ Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Oblivion.ini, as is the case when starting the game the first time after installing it, or as a troubleshooting step when trying to get a badly messed up Oblivion.ini back to working condition ... something that will be a bit more complicated for you now that you have made changes to the game's Oblivion_default.ini).

I changed it right back. And i'm not even sure that's the one i changed. I could always check. And i did end up reverting any changes, since they made no difference.

Now what about the Local Map? What could be causing it to be blank? Only entrances and exit icons are showing.

So you're not using any mod that affects maps (e.g. Map Marker Overhaul) ... I'm not one that uses any map enhancing/changing mods myself, and I can't recall ever reading about anything like what you're describing.

So you're not using any mod that affects maps (e.g. Map Marker Overhaul) ... I'm not one that uses any map enhancing/changing mods myself, and I can't recall ever reading about anything like what you're describing.

Yeah, no map mods at all. Apparently, it's commonly caused by UGridstoLoad value being higher than 5. Mine's 5. No idea what could be causing it.

Local map being blank can also be caused by a game engine bug that is triggered when a mod makes any edits to game cell 3,3.

I'm having these problems too. I resolved the menu background and loading bar issue by uninstalling MenuQue (can't use the in-game Oblivion Reloaded menu anymore, but you can still edit the inis). Haven't found a solution for the blank local map, though. It happens when I disable CameraMode in the ini (I can't play with it on, the bob makes me sick). Not running any UI or map mods either.

Edit: I resolved the blank map issue by reinstalling Oblivion Reloaded manually instead of through TESMM. Hope that helps.

Edited by CWhitebear

• 2 years later...