ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

New Companion Mod: Having a baby?

Saraphiene

Child Companion Quest Poll  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which quest option do you like the best?

• Having a child prior to being shot (Amnesia).
    • Having a child during gameplay (Radiation).
    • Having a child made from science (Incubation).
    • Finding an orphaned child (Adoption).

I think the idea of the courier leaving a wife and child seems extremely likely, and lore friendly. You can attempt to find more about your past, and go to a house in primm where you used to live (i'm just being creative here). You'll find your home trashed and abandoned by the convicts, however there can be a trial of clues on where to find your family. Then you can teach your son or daughter how to tough it out in the wastes while having a nice player house to go back to.

Alixen good point and i like the backpack baby idea be interesting even for wandering npc to carry their child around

and i see your point of the in game 9 month

Not the whole wastes... just most of it!

can't wait for the pink-sky-fluffy-clouds-plushy-grass-unicorns-and-rainbows-requests... :-)=)

ah yes, and bunnies.

lotsa bunnies. :-))

well your not far off, heres the plushy grass

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/images/36150-2-1288611566.jpg

from the mod

Goodspring Green Mod

I (obviously) have downloaded this mod and LOVE it, after all to be realistic its been more then 200 years since the nuc's hit not to mention Mr House blocking 75% of the nukes from ever hitting the new vegas area.... so its totally realistic for plantlife to start growing back. With that being said yes Nevada is mostly a desert yet its less of a desert then Arizona and I live in Arizona... we do have grass in some places.

Edited by Saraphiene

I like the idea of a kid companion. From a RP point of view it could really add something. You could leave the kid wandering around novac whilst you go hunting for dinner, but you could also bring them along to teach them skills (not in game, just as part of RPing). It'd get interesting because a portion of your loot would have to go toward keeping the kid clothed and fed (maybe have a kind of tax system and the kid leaves if you don't manage/choose not to pay it). Also it'd add a new level to combat as you'd be more likely to run away and hide to avoid harm coming to the kid.

Very nice idea =]

My vote goes for orphan, since it really makes no sense otherwise. It's more lore friendly than all the other choices I think.

Hehe! I got a good laugh when I read that. Anything makes sense in a game that you spend most of a DLC running around WITHOUT a brain. Then have the option of switching it out whenever you wish to afterward... I went with incubation, myself. I like the sorta Lone Wolf and Cub idea. With the child incubated accidentally after opening the wrong door in yet another forgetten, closed up vault.

Goodspring Green Mod

I (obviously) have downloaded this mod and LOVE it, after all to be realistic its been more then 200 years since the nuc's hit not to mention Mr House blocking 75% of the nukes from ever hitting the new vegas area.... so its totally realistic for plantlife to start growing back. With that being said yes Nevada is mostly a desert yet its less of a desert then Arizona and I live in Arizona... we do have grass in some places.

I love the Green Mod. Eversince I DLed it. Goodsprings just doesnt look right without it!

I'd like the player to be cloned by a mad scientist, but this clone would be a child at the beginning, and then he will grow up faster than your character (clones are always getting old faster than the original subject). It would make an interesting companion, I think.