Heads up: New Nexus site design soon

Dark0ne

Edit: i went to the user area, maybe for the first time, and i found the features i was missing! Any reason they are not at the bottom of the page with everything else? I guess i'm not sure what the difference is between my profile and my user area. As far as the My Files screen goes, i like it better than the old one, the more horizontal layout is better for this old laptop. i can see a lot more info with less scrolling. And the your latest files and your hottest files are really sweet, as is the more from uploader. The description seems to fill a lot more of my screen, and is easier to read.

So, about no images showing up for me, i added 2 images to one of my files, and those 2 appear in the new nexus, but none of the others...

i like the layout, but the site as a whole seems cheesy, for lack of a better word. The old Nexus just looks like a hard-core site i would not be embarrassed to be seen using. Now, i'm not so sure.

Oh, the title of every tab is nexus homepage, i guess that's a chrome glitch?

Peace and Love!

red_six

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Natterforme on the gray transparent area on hot files. It does seem a little odd, and I think it would look better if there was no grey area there at all, or if it was something that only showed on roll-over.

I also have to partially agree with Mitheledh on the point of personality. It does seem a little generic with the stripes and buttons, but it may also be that we are so used to OldNexus. Now, another thing with the buttons, is that they are a little too fancy - the thing about The Nexus is that it has always been so simple in that manner. But then again, that may also be because of the color of the buttons. (I can't stress this enough, the orange is too bright! ;D )

/rant

This is the new design, but in my opinion, only a subtle change in the orange makes it get much more of the Nexus-feel, as well as not seeming too bright. Well, this is only my opinion though. ;)

Edited by Zaldiir

How about adding a Video Share tab to go with your image share. A lot of times, I just want to see the most recent videos, but have to go to each file to see if it has a video. Being able to use a tab to acess all the videos posted of uploaded files would be great!

I understand that having a fluid width display is difficult to work with but could you at least consider having the option to have two widths? Right now, half my display is unused and you're even taking up some of the space with the list boxes on the right. Possibly the current 960 and maybe a 1470 or so? Maybe even make the wider display a premium option. It's just painful being this narrow.

I for one like the new layout of the site, though I'll miss the old one just as much, and though I have a few things to comment on it.

The Bad:

1. The colors have been mentioned by everyone, tone them down, back to the original nexus orange and stuff, and it'll be all good.

2. The buttons need to be changed. I agree, I feel like i"m a seedy download site because of them.

3. The logo looks horrible. If possible, stick to the old banner, it has a... Classic look to it :)

4. The compatibility to browsers needs to be improved. Auto-sizing the pages to fit multiple monitors would be nice (I'm a wide screen user so the site looks squished in between two fat grey walls on my monitor), and the various quips people have mentioned (like the profile page looking messed up for Hickory).

The Good:

1. The layout makes it easy to access everything especially for newer members. It's more user friendly.

2. The top part of the page and the bottom part (header and footer) are great. Easy to access everything from both sides.

3. The hot files browser is much improved. No longer do I suffer clicking the image just as it changes, causing me to click into a mod I'm not interested it.

4. The cleanness is great, I do enjoy the fact that the site looks neater.

Overall assessment: Good, will be great with improvements.

I'm usually inclined to the "don't fix what isn't spoiled" line of thinking, but these changes will be beneficial in the long run, in my honest opinion.

I don't really think the Nexus site's need changing. I am perfectly happy with the design of them now. However, I always encourage improvements, so I'm looking forward to the change :) Some of the looks (in my opinion) really didn't fit the Nexus. From what I saw, it didn't have the TES banner like its current Nexus does (The new one is horrible), the corners of things were round, not sharp... As others have said, the colors are off as well. To me it just didn't look like the Nexus. But, that's just me. Good luck with your changes! Edited by falloutperson416

I miss the simple side menu with the updates today/recently/latest files.

The drop down menu is nice, but its so much simpler to just click the side menu. D: