Heads up: New Nexus site design soon

Dark0ne

OK, I like it but PLEASE reduce the brightness of the orange (or even better, use the old TESNexus colours)

Maybe get rid of the white-on-bright text too?

JK, I generally liked redesigns, and this one looks promising. HOWEVER, using the current banners would be much better than the weird logo that is currently being used. Also, the colors are REALLY bright.

^^ This

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it looks awful - it looks like some scammer sites (I used to be on 419 Eater, so got to see quite a few of those!) The colours almost melted my contacts to my eyeballs too. Hopefully it's still a WIP...

I personally prefer the current site design, although mainly what I like is the sidebar that makes it easy to access everything from the front page and the useful search bar and filter. But I like seeing a lot of information displayed at once, so perhaps some people may feel less overwhelmed by the new site.

The colors are pretty jarring, if you want a change from the current ones I'd suggest using common Elder Scrolls colors, tanish brown and black lettering and trim. Or the new Skyrim colors, which seem to be mostly black/grey/dark blue tones with silver lettering and trim.

The new, better hot files viewer it greatly appreciated over the old one though.:)

I like the new design very much! :)

But I still think the orange is a little too... orange.. :P

I think it would look better if it was a little less bright.

But that is the only thing that I'm concerned about, as the rest of the design looks great! :D

EDIT1: One thing I noticed is that AP isn't showing on posts, is this intentional, and if so, why?

EDIT2: One more thing, where is the changelog? :o It's there now.^^

Edited by Zaldiir

Honestly I really don't see why such a radical change in layout and appearance is needed. The current layout works. The change in appearance feels arbitrary, as if you're just changing things for the sake of changing things.

One more thing, where is the changelog?

If you click the version number of the file it'll provide the change log. If the author hasn't added a change log then the version number won't be clickable. Saves you wasting time clicking something only to be told there's nothing there! The changelog is also browsable from your tracking centre which has had quite a big change.

Thanks for all the great feedback (;))

Hey, that's my mod! :P

I like the new site very much...the only drawback is the orange. But if it can't be changed, then I'm sure I can get used to it. :)

Can't wait for the changeover. :D

Don´t fix what is not broken, the "new" design is awful

I don't think "Don't fix what is not broken" works in this case really, and in my opinion, that statement is rather dumb in every case...

It's the same as saying; "It's working, so we don't need an improvement."

---

oh, and Rob, you got a point with the changelog. ;)

Edited by Zaldiir