The tall tales & tragedies of the Chattering Scroll Inn

myrmaad

Rhaine grinned, leaned forward, and hugged Thanatos's neck before turning him towards Reona. The character that she always assumed her steed possessed was reaffirmed by the Bosmer's words.

"The plan? We're going to head to Redrock Cave and see if these bandits have any useful evidence against their contractors. If they are indeed in league with the necromancers, as Selene thinks they are, then we need to waste no time in eliminating them. It would be also be wise of us to keep moving as we solve this puzzle. I have no doubt that these contractors know we aren't dead yet, and they will likely stop at nothing to send us all to early graves," Rhaine's tone was grim. They couldn't allow their foes to get ahead of them.

She pointed her horse's head to the southeast, "Brax said the hideout was this way, marked by a large cavern entrance and flanked by three poplar trees. Hold on tight, Kalin. Reona, can you keep up?"

Reona decided not to think about the potential dangers that lay ahead. She knew she could die, but there was no need to worry herself about it too much. Stretching once again, she let out a tiny, almost musical, laugh and winked at Rhaine, intertwining her arms behind her head, "I'm sure I can. Remember when Ellundil was hurt? When I was running to see what was going on, I passed a rider on a black horse riding at full gallop. Wasn't that you?"

She always was quite fast, Arva explained, a few stray strands of his hair blowing in a nonexistent breeze.

Agreeing, Reona smiled a little as she finished stretching and adjusted the gauntlets Kalin had let her use, as if trying to keep them perfectly aligned, "It's probably the only thing I've ever been naturally good at." She let out a soft sigh and closed her eyes, "I like it, though. A good way to take your mind off things, running. The world around you seems to disappear and your whole being becomes entirely focused on that simple task."

Without another word, Rhaine cast a mischievous smile Reona's way and then kicked her heels into Thanatos's flanks. The mighty horse reared, almost vertical, bellowing a cry to the sky before leaping across the road and plunging into the forest to the southeast.

"Running does he- GOOD GODS!!!!" Kalin shouted as Thanatos reared up. He clutched Rhaine's waist tightly, holding on for dear life. "BLOODY...DAMN...HORSES!" He cursed between the horse's bounds. I swear, I hate horses! the poor elan yelled mentally. When will this end!? The soulknife began praying that they arrived at the cave soon. Before this bloody nightmare kills me! He kept silent after that, trying to stay on the horse and keep his heart from bursting. Bloody horses!...

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Well then a white and green number it shall be, and if you are not used to corset's perhaps i can educate you, oh look we are here!" before them lay the beautiful sight of blue palace, the carriage driver helped both the women out of the carriage and a guard led them inside. The palace's blue marble floor's and high patterned ceiling's were a feast for the eyes, Selene's throne was a beautiful construct made of silver and diamond....

Nawen quietly followed Selene while looking around the place. Everything was so beautiful and luxurious. She has seen many palaces and castles and only once before she was invited into one. Back in Faerun when Sir Nevalle asked her to lead the people of Neverwinter to safety, Nawen was invited to the castle. Though despite the beauty of the palace, the ranger felt uncomfortable here. The wilds are her home and this palace is just too big for her. No trees for her to hide in, no soft touch of the grass and no gentle wind blowing her silver hair.

The drow shook her head and continued to follow Selene. This woman was so kind for her and Nawen did not want to offend her.

Kismet ran quickly through the darken wood, keeping pace with the horses until Thantos, with a kick and a whinny took flying off. Kismet slid attempting to halt...until her foot grabbed a gnarled tree root coming out from the underbrush. Flying head over tail she lands flat on her back staring up at the canopy and the sky.

"Well...least there was not a soul to see this disgrace." The Drow murmured to herself as she glare at the trees that seemed to send laughter onto the winds..

Selene led nawen up a set of large stair's when they reached the top she, led the drow into a huge set of room's she said to the drow softly, "These room's will be your's for the duration of your stay, and if you ever need a room in the future" the room's were beautiful and exquisitely decorated, with a huge four-poster bed, the floor had many rug's all beautiful, a large wardrobe in the corner and a desk, the next room was a beautiful marble bathroom, and the one that followed was the dining room. "Well i hope you like them, the tailor will be here in a moment to take your measurement's and he will help you chose what to wear" Selene walked out of the door and said "I am of to get changed into my new dress, i shall meet you in about 2 hours" she then left the room's and headed to her own wing of the palace...

Aardorn arrived at the palace.

"HALT! Who goes there?" The gaurd chellenged

"I go here" He said, matter of factly "let me enter."

"No." The gaurd replied

"By the divines! I challenge you then, ask me a riddle, any one, and I will answer right."

"Ok then. A Bosmer, was slain. The Altmer claims the Dunmer is guilty. The Dunmer says the Khajiit did it. The Orc swears he didn't kill the Bosmer. The Khajiit says the Dunmer is lying. If only one of these speaks the truth, who killed the Bosmer?" The gaurd said, smiling

"The orc" Aardorn said

"Yes..." The guard said,

"My turn. I am what men love more than life, fear more than death or mortal strife, What dead men have and rich require. I'm what contented men desire."

"Gold?" The gaurd asked

"No, two more guesses"

"Women?"

Aardorn laughed "No. Last guess"

"Sleep?"

"No. I win"

"What is the answer?"

"figure it out, now let me in."

"Aye." the guard opened the door and Aardorn entered...

As soon as Nawen stepped into the room which is going to be hers for awhile, her jaw dropped. Everything was so beautiful she could not find the right words to describe it. She was looking around the room while Selene talked. She is probably dreaming. She has to.

"A tailor? Wait..." Nawen wanted to ask if this whole dress wearing thing is necessary but Selene had already left the room. How in the nine hells will she walk while wearing a dress and high heels? The drow had no idea how to talk, walk or do any of the things noble people does. She will look ridiculous. And the worst part is someone will come here soon and will try to measure her. No. She's not going to allow that. She will climb on top of the wardrobe if needed but no one will come here and measure her and try to make here wear some uncomfortable clothes.

The tailor burst into the room and said "Hello madame, lady Selene tells me you are in for some new clothes, she also tells me you have never worn a dress, corset, or a pair of heel's before, so i will not put you out of your comfort zone" he smiled and measured her "Ahh good, now my dear green and white yes? he began making a dress and shoes of fine silk, no corset's or high heel's were anywhere in sight until he finished and presented her the outfit (you decide what it look's like naktis :)....

The tailor was working really fast. She was measured before Nawen even had time to protest or climb on the wardrobe. When he had finally finished the drow looked at the dress. At first she imagined that the dress will be one of those really fancy looking ones but much to her surprise the dress looked simple enough and comfortable too. The dress was long, so Nawen had hoped she will be able to wear her light leather boots underneath, luckily for her the dress also was not revealing and had long wide sleeves. The color of the dress was dark green and was very appealing to Nawen.

OOC: Haha failure at describing the dress. :laugh: In my head, I imagined that the dress should look something like this one. The design isn't too fancy and I think it rather fits with the how the world looks and stuff. :laugh:

Thanatos reared back and shot off into the forest faster than Reona thought he was capable of, his tail streaming behind him, and she smiled to herself as Kalin screamed loudly. Holding her sword away from her body, she ran after the horse, and soon caught up with the others, the cool scent of damp earth filling her nose and pleasing her senses.

Reona noticed Kismet seemed to have fallen down, hearing her mumble something about a disgrace to herself. Reona skidded to a stop, helping her up with a gentle smile, "No need to feel like that, now. It's not the first time someone's fallen down, and it's definitely not the last."

Aardorn stalked the hall ways, searching for Selene and that other girl. He was dazed, how can you come from another world? Stepping through an oblivion gate is one thing but acctually coming from another universe... it was odd, he needed to know more.