Should underaged kids serve adult time for crimes

kvnchrist

Please read the following and give me your opinios on acts like these. I'm not talking petty crimes here. I'm talking serious crimes that physically hurt people.

It blows my mind that the judge here scolded her when he should have had her in irons, to push the point, further.

We can't play paddy cake with these kids. They know what death is and those that are in gangs make a living off this stuff.

My link

The kid she and her boyfriend attacked did not die. If an adult attacked another adult in the same way, that is probably what they would get over here especially if they don't really have a history of it, and I doubt a 14 year old is going to have a massive history of it and the article mentioned non. Maybe its different in the US? but 6 years seems reasonable for a guilty plea, especially when it seem the boyfriend did most the actual stuff to him, like stabbing and the x slashed on the face.

Depends on how underage.

If you are under the age of 10 and you commit a crime, I wouldn't consider it the kids fault.

Suppose it's a capital crime? Still not the kids fault?

Depends on how underage.

If you are under the age of 10 and you commit a crime, I wouldn't consider it the kids fault.

If its before the kids brain has developed, no its not.

At the age of ten, a child should know the difference between right and wrong. Murder is most definitely wrong. This is part of the problem I was talking about in the education thread. No one is responsible for their own actions. My take on it? Do the crime, do the time. End of story. You wanna act in an adult manner? Be prepared to pay an adult price for that act.

Could the self esteem programs of the last few decades have wiped out the humility of these kids. Could it be said that the governments intrusion on the rights of the parents is coming back to haunt us, with these kids acting out like this, because they care only for themselves.

What has caused the rise in violence? Why are these kids so attracted to gangs. Is it the lack of opportunities caused by a lack of education, or just the hype caused be popular music and the gang mystique that surrounds it?

Depends on how underage.

If its before the kids brain has developed, no its not.

At the age of ten, a child should know the difference between right and wrong. Murder is most definitely wrong. This is part of the problem I was talking about in the education thread. No one is responsible for their own actions. My take on it? Do the crime, do the time. End of story. You wanna act in an adult manner? Be prepared to pay an adult price for that act.

I said under the age of ten.

I am considering making a new thread for something else you just brought up, highly doubt anyone will agree with me though.

Could the self esteem programs of the last few decades have wiped out the humility of these kids. Could it be said that the governments intrusion on the rights of the parents is coming back to haunt us, with these kids acting out like this, because they care only for themselves.

What has caused the rise in violence? Why are these kids so attracted to gangs. Is it the lack of opportunities caused by a lack of education, or just the hype caused be popular music and the gang mystique that surrounds it?

It's the "I have a whole lot of money because I do stupid s*** and destroy lives unknowingly" that these kids fall into this gang crap. The lack of education fuels these morons, I have to deal with them doing all kinds of stupid stuff where I live. I sleep with one eye open and a finger on a trigger.

She was then 14, the boyfriend was then 15. The victim was attacked because the two offenders believed - which therefore means they didn't bother to find out the facts, first - that the victim had romantic feelings for the girl.

The pair were certainly old enough to know right from wrong - that physically assaulting and stabbing is definitely the wrong thing to do.

That they chose to act in the manner they did - and with no apparent thought for the victim at all - speaks volumes about the society that has been created. Saying "I'm really sorry I did this" after the fact means absolutely nothing, and is a wsate of breath..."sorry" doesn't make up for the pain and trauma the victim suffered.

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. should have given her longer, to send a message to others her age about the seriousness of what she's done. I hope the boyfriend gets hit hard by the law. Part of their sentences should be to work in a hospital helping stitch up victims of knife attacks.