How to Play Need For Speed Well

Evenchn

I like playing NFS15. It is really like driving a sports car by myself. But it's quite difficult for me to get a good position in race games. Do you like playing this game?Who has get a first place in racing?

Me, you need car advice, Im your guy.

Frankly out of all modern racers this is a bit on the easy side for dificulty-it's the handling that's a bit hard to come to terms with-extremely heavy steering.

Some basic tips: ALWAYS. ALWAYS make sure your firsts tep after upgrading a car is to do a test run, then adjust the Tuning Setup as needed. A car in Shift without a Tuning Setup is seconds a race slower, they make an immense diference. Certain cars have unusual, freakish performance once given a Works Kit, the GT-R V Spec, the Collector's Edition bonus car, the Murcielago, and the Gumpert all offer this unexpected megaperformance when works-modified.

Tuning setup contributes more speed than any amount of upgrades: generaly speaking many suspension upgrades don't actualy do anything until you Tune the car, so make sure that whenver you install a suspension upgrade you tune it.

And remember the basics of a fast car:

Stiff suspension, softer at the front, harder at the back, IE about 1-3 notches more stiffness at the back relative to the front. Softening the front springs relative to the rear marks the car turn in harder-it makes it more responive and twitchy, hardening the front relative to the rear reduces this, making it slower and less prone to overcorrect. Use this and the Anti Roll Bars to set it up just how you like it.

High front Camber. Always about 5 degrees front camber, rear camber about 0.5 degree, helps response but increases tyre wear so be ready for some slippiness late into Enduros.

Stiff anti-roll bars, Usualy you should usualy run your rear anti-roll bars one to three notches firmer than at the front. The stiffer the front anti roll bars are relative to the rear, the slower the car responds. The softer the front rollbars are relative to the rear, the more responsive it is. Use this in conjunction with suspension to adjust responsiveness to fit your driving style.

As low a downforce as you can get without spinning or sliding. The lower the DF the faster you are, DF can mean up to 100 KM/H diference at top speed.

Once you have installed some upgrades to the engine, push the Final Drive one notch longer, it helps, especialy on compacts and older vehicles.

Generaly speaking one of the most effective upgrades possible is weight reduction, nothing does bang for your buck better, as it improves every aspect of performance except for speed.

Once you do your upgrades, do a test run and make a mental note of what the car does well, and what it does badly, secondly, always use the same track so you can memorise/write down times and compare cars for easier decisions. This process is called Troublshooting, or a Crap Shoot. Use what you learn here to configure your car best for your driving style-speed doesnt matter if you can't control it, and confidence makes up more lap time than raw grip.

Final tips:

Ok, if your car responds too slowly and tends to want to go straight ahead when cornering, soften the front springs and anti roll bars, and harden the rear springs and anti roll bars slightly, one notch at a time, likewise, if the car skids, slides, and wants to spin out, or responds too much and is hard to drive(Zonda and Huarya are prone to this) then do the oppsosite. You always want a little bit softer suspension at the front, but dont feel afraid to tinker with it, you won't break anything.

Downforce is golden: Make a note of what track you're going to and adjust your DF accordingly. Silverstone for example is a high downforce track, as is Monaco(Riviera) and a high downforce will boost your grip in the fast corners. Bathurst and

Monza are low downforce tracks; lower your downforce as close to zero as you can get while staying on the road, the extra top speed through the last corner, Parabolica, and the Ascari straight, can make up 3-4 seconds a lap easily.

With Drift Cars you want a slightly diferent set of options-set your front-rear suspension to equal if possible, and you'll also need to turn Caster Angle and Steering Lock up too. Steering Lock lets the car hit a steeper angle but makes it harder to drive since the steering is much harder to modulate, Caster Angle is a standard issue features, generaly making feather-light steering adjusts easier.

If you go off track, do whatever you can to keep the car going straight ahead, if it Bites into the sand, it will roll and be ruined.

Shop around for cars, some old bangers hide incredible racing talent.

Try to avoid front wheel drive cars, they're twitchy, hard to drive, and require extremely overcomplicated diferential tuning.

Never, ever underestimate an old car-just because they're some of the cheapest cars in the game doesnt mean cars like the Mercedes 190E, M-3 E30, Delta Integrale, and Toyota Corola GTS dont have talent, that list includes the: Most successful rally car in human history, six world championships back-to-back(Lancia) two of the best touring cars ever (BMW, Mercedes) and quite probably the best drift car not only in the game, but the whole world, the AE-86 Trueno.

Don't get too attached to paintjobs, sometimes they bug out and self delete.

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee454/Vindekarr/Bandini_Lorenzo_-_Ferrari-12-Zylinder_1966.jpg

Yes, this post DOES have it all :)

Edited by Vindekarr

Tip Crash a lot, need for speed loves that, especially paradise city or hot persuit.

Or get yourself Gran Turismo 5 or forza, recommends Gran Turismo 5 :thumbsup: .

example how good gt5 physics engine is

drifting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-fQb6Q6tPM

now thats a racing game :thumbsup:

also get attached to paint jobs, i recommend chrome silver paint, it'll blind passers by :thumbsup: gt5 only

Edited by Thor.

I recomend Forza.

Why? new one about to come out, and Thor neglected to mention that about 700 of GT5's thousand cars are used largely japanese family cars such as yarises, corolas, sentras, and even 1-20 Ys. The whole point of the game feels like it's a homage to supermini racing, I mean for pity's sake why can't we have nice cars? :)

Forza's got no such issue-the core gameplay between the two games is pretty much a dead heat, though Forza noticeably lacks GT5's six hour long, mandatory licencing, and is emphasised mainly on sports and supercar racing. The core design is the same and it's mostly a choice between what console you have, but I personaly think Forza is a better game simply because it's much more approachable. You don't feel like it's a mean game, it feels like a friendly game that wants to put you in a Le Mans car as soon as it can, rather than withholding on the goods.

On a slightly diferent topic what sort of car would you say was your crowning achievment? I have two GT-R's in Forza, one's a Targa spec tarmac rally machine with 620 horsepower that drifts superbly, the other is a 990 horsepower behemoth in Top Secret colours that is my take on the ultimate tuner car-I beat a player in a Veyron around Le Mans last night so I guess it must be pretty good.

I recomend Forza.

Why? new one about to come out, and Thor neglected to mention that about 700 of GT5's thousand cars are used largely japanese family cars such as yarises, corolas, sentras, and even 1-20 Ys. The whole point of the game feels like it's a homage to supermini racing, I mean for pity's sake why can't we have nice cars? :)

Forza's got no such issue-the core gameplay between the two games is pretty much a dead heat, though Forza noticeably lacks GT5's six hour long, mandatory licencing, and is emphasised mainly on sports and supercar racing. The core design is the same and it's mostly a choice between what console you have, but I personaly think Forza is a better game simply because it's much more approachable. You don't feel like it's a mean game, it feels like a friendly game that wants to put you in a Le Mans car as soon as it can, rather than withholding on the goods.

On a slightly diferent topic what sort of car would you say was your crowning achievment? I have two GT-R's in Forza, one's a Targa spec tarmac rally machine with 620 horsepower that drifts superbly, the other is a 990 horsepower behemoth in Top Secret colours that is my take on the ultimate tuner car-I beat a player in a Veyron around Le Mans last night so I guess it must be pretty good.

Iike to remind you that a lot of Forzas cars are slow and are japanese cars. It can be said for both.

Its not true don't listen to him, its only because of the leveling system that it seems like that, there are over 700 racing cars that are not slow by any means. trust me :thumbsup:

Edited by Thor.

I recomend Forza.

Iike to remind you that a lot of Forzas cars are slow and are japanese cars. It can be said for both.

Its not true don't listen to him, its only because of the leveling system that it seems like that, there are over 700 racing cars that are not slow by any means. trust me :thumbsup:

I dont, I vividly remember playing Gt-4 and finding out, to my dismay, via a carslist that for example, there's more than 100 version of Nissan Silvia. I mean come on, one's enough! Bottom line is that it really comes down to personal prefference. I can see I won't ever shift Thor from his path in GT5, but I would like to point out that Forza is every bit as good a game, and frankly, it's a moot point anyway since they're both made by Sony and Microsoft respectively, meaning they're exclusive to their console.

That said, the way Forza is going, it's looking like the same game with a diferent colour box, there isnt much to choose between them. Especialy when Forza gets it's sequal later this year, making them more technolicaly equal.

Is this a how to play NFS thread of a GT5 vs Forza fanboy thread?

To the Original Poster, I have found out racing games in general are easier and more enjoyable if you get a Gamepad to play with. Might want to look into that. They don't cost a lot and if you get a Xbox pad, you get even more games you can play with it.

I guess it is, concedering need for speed isn't the most realistic type of racing, especially the head on traffic lol.

unless your talking about shift.

Witch i havehttp://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/thumbsup.gif

Edited by Thor.

Lol then your not a true racer, you haven't played online then. It can be quite serious, physics and the driving alone is nearly perfect.

For a true race fan you need a real simulator for the best experience, nfs isn't going to cut it.

If anything it would be Toca 3 dtm now thats a racer. just for the damage alone is almost perfect.

Edited by Thor.