File Front archiving in progress

Dark0ne

@ SeverusDeath: Who knows. It;'s too early to know any more than they are maybe going to have Skyrim mods on consoles. And maybe the old mods will work on the new super duper version that looks to me like it is primarily targeted at Consoles rather than PC where we already have better quality video because of mods anyway.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #39132290. #39188875 is also a reply to the same post.

Craddle wrote: TL;DR Can you merge mods with the same version?

Great work. Especially since I had just started playing the STALKER series a few months ago. According to forums etc. CS is the weakest and I found way less mods for it so I started with this instead of CoP or SoC. Anyway, the modding community seemed somewhat dead to me (almost no new mods, no updates to old ones, mods scattered all over the internet and most of the downloads offline) so this is a great way to give it a boost (hopefully). And of course, nexusmods is way better than moddb (where I got most of my mods from).

So I'm currently scrolling through the archived files and noticed that multiple versions of the same mod are stored as separate mods. For example there is (picked at random):
- Total Factional Warfare (0.8.8beta) by Smoq2 and PhoenixHeart
- Total Factional Warfare (v0.8.9 + Patch 1) by Smoq2 and PhoenixHeart
- Total Factional Warfare (0.9) by Smoq2 and PhoenixHeart

As you can see they have identical names and authors, only different version numbers, but are stored as mods 294, 293 and 295. Why is that? Now, I basically have to search for each mod and look for the highest version-number to get the most up-to-date version.

I'd suggest to merge mods which have equal name and authors. Put older files under the "Old Versions" Section and concatenate the descriptions (and put the version as a delimiter between those). This should be fairly easy imho. Most of the mod-titles I saw so far seemed to be consistent. So either this information is available separately from source or can easily be regexed.

Of course I don't know If this can be done afterwards or how much work this would actually be. It will certainly make modding STALKER much more comfortable though. I'm also willing to help in any way possible to make this happen.

I will send a pm to Dark0ne if he misses the post and this matter receives any interest.

Greetings Craddle

PS: oh and where is STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl?
Edit: apparently SoC has been added today
LusifurTheSchnozzle wrote: If you're looking for STALKER, you need to find the STALKER General over at /vg/ and ask around. That is (strangely) the most core group of english speaking players these days. They have mega.co repositories of all the mods for the games.
http://boards.4chan.org/vg/

Whats does that have to do with nexusmods? I am not looking for another source for STALKER mods.

In response to post #39304285.

bben46 wrote:

@ SeverusDeath: Who knows. It;'s too early to know any more than they are maybe going to have Skyrim mods on consoles. And maybe the old mods will work on the new super duper version that looks to me like it is primarily targeted at Consoles rather than PC where we already have better quality video because of mods anyway.

Strike that "maybe". It has been confirmed at Bethesdas E3 showcase. The Skyrim Special Edition seems to integrate parts of the Fallout 4 engine with support for bethesda.net workshop.

PS: why not use 'Reply' instead of the '@', regarding you're a moderator?

In response to post #39304285. #39330430 is also a reply to the same post.

bben46 wrote:

Craddle wrote: Strike that "maybe". It has been confirmed at Bethesdas E3 showcase. The Skyrim Special Edition seems to integrate parts of the Fallout 4 engine with support for bethesda.net workshop.

PS: why not use 'Reply' instead of the '@', regarding you're a moderator?

Yes, and it's so thrilling! Skyrim remastered looks great and all, and I'm sure the console users are happy, but we have project ENB. Not to mention Bethesda may fix all the bugs in the current version of Skyrim.