Textures don't show in Skyrim

conehead42

Hi all,

After following %5BHelp%5D Tutorials for modding character meshes? : skyrimmods'>this fairly detailed tutorial I have successfully modified a body mod, with the exception of textures not showing up in game. I'm using the vanilla textures on the mesh. Would anyone know why they wouldn't be showing up? Maybe I missed some extra texturing steps not in the tutorial?

In Blender 2.49b, I used the default Fallout 3 export settings with the exception of some different options in the material options to the right (setting to "Skin" instead of "Wood"). I have successfully rigged and exported the mesh itself by the looks of it, but for some reason the textures are not showing. I've already tried archive invalidating the old textures in the Skyrim.ini file, but that didn't do the trick.

Also when I try to "Update All Tangent Spaces" in Nifksope I get an ""need vertices, normals, texture coordinates and faces to calculate tangents and bitangents" message. The mesh shows with the bone rigging in Nifksope, but maybe I need to add some normals/ more textures to the mesh? If so, could someone tell me how or direct me to a tutorial detailing how to? Or anyone have any other insight into this?

Using Niskope 2.49b with all the correct version Nif tools and Nifksope 1.1.3

I've been reading up some more on Blender and Nifksope tutorials. The learning curve is a bit of a nuisance, but I've managed now to get the mesh I edited at least into game with textures showing. Bone vertices rigging is another story though. The animation deformations for the werewolf mesh I worked on aren't the prettiest.