Asking the community for suggestions on this mod

ruddy88

Hello community!

I am currently developing a mod and I am asking you lot to help with ideas and suggestions for it.

The mod adds collector cards to the world of skyrim, lots of them. I am using "Insanity Sorrows" mod resource as a base but have modified his design and am expanding on it significantly. I will then be populating the world with these cards, some will be placed precariously throughout the world whereas other will be added as death items for more common creatures (kill them for their cards!) where others still will be added as reward items or available through merchants.

I plan to have quite a few of these cards, about 150 (enough to fill your pokedex!), and they will range in their rarity.

On top of this, I will add in rare versions of these cards with an even lower drop chance.

I am creating this mod to add some purpose and excitement in exploration again, to encourage the dragonborn to go out and hunt, to trade, to delve.

On top of this, I will be implementing some sort of reward system for collecting the cards, This will probably be done much in the same way that skill books work, when a card is first "found" it will add some kind of permanent, minor boost, whereas rare cards will have higher boosts.

So, where do you come in? I need suggestions on who should feature on these cards.

I have so far started with the basic creatures, wolves, horkers, hargravens etc, I am also including all playable races as well as other races like falmer and draugr, these of which I will further include the sub-category of enemies (falmer gloomlurker, draugr overlord etc).

Dawnguard and Dragonborn creatures WILL be added in but I am thinking of adding them in as expansion packs, with a modified design to the backgrounds etc.

What I need now is some suggestions of NPCs in skyrim that would be well known throughout the lands. The Jarls, General Tullius, Elisif, Eorlund Grey-Mane, these are people that are not just known to the player but have earnt a reputation across the land. I only want people from the current era (no cyrodil references from oblivion or anyone from another age). Also included will be daedric princes, the gods, etc etc. I need a complete list, Ill be adding the list to this post if people start commenting and leaving suggestions. So if you can think of anyone, leave a comment with the name of the NPC, Vanilla only please, and if you can just leave a very brief decription oh who it is (Eorlund Grey-Mane - Skyforge Blacksmith for example).

If anyone has any other suggestions for this mod feel free to add them here as well!

Thanks to everyone who gets involved!

Here is a preview of one of the cards so far, The screenshot was taken from the Skyrim Wiki but I have a friend on board who will be getting proper screenshots to use for all of the cards.

http://s32.postimg.org/cw8wi2kvp/Untitled_1.jpg

!!!EDIT!!!

I have completed the first draft of this list. Would very much appreciate suggestions, if any others belong on it, or dont belong on it, or if the "TYPE" fits. Also looking for mistake I may have made along the way.

I have included all the general creatures and enemies (excluding those added by dawnguard and dragonborn as they will come as an expansion pack). Ive also included all main races, factions, all positions of power such as empoeror, jarls, and faction leaders. Ive included some people that I believe would be known for their deeds (somewhat celebrity status), including authors of some books. Ive included some of the more unique enemies (I could use some help with more) such as glenmorril witches, as well as some bandit leaders. Ive also added in some Nordic Heroes such as Ysgrammor and Jurgen Windcaller.

All up there is 183 cards. I MAY decide to add locations and/or legendary weapons, though this list has already gotten quite large (I didnt think Id get to 150 to be honest) and as I said I am yet to add DLC stuff.

I dont mind adding more to this, but I dont want it to be 'just because', I want there to be a reason. I am also willing to reduce the list to refine it further.

Bear

Cave Bear

Chaurus

Snow Bear

Wolf

Ice Wolf

Sabre Cat

Snowy Sabre Cat

Skeever

Mudcrab

Slaughterfish

Horker

Ice Wraith

Werewolf

Troll

Frost Troll

Mammoth

Hawk

Flame Atronach

Frost Atronach

Storm Atronach

Dremora

Dremora Lord

Draugr

Draugr Deathlord

Dwarven Spider

Dwarven Sphere

Dwarven Centurion

Falmer

Frostbite Spider

Giant

Hargraven

Corrupted Shade

Skeleton

Spriggan

Wisp

Wispmother

Chaurus Reaper

Draugr Overlord

Falmer Archer

Falmer Gloomlurker

Falmer Shaman

Giant Frostbite Spider

Dragon

Blood Dragon

Frost Dragon

Elder Dragon

Ancient Dragon

Altmer

Argonian

Bosmer

Breton

Dunmer

Imperial

Khajit

Nord

Orsimer

Redguard

Reanimated Corpse

Spectral Ghost

The Blades

The Greybeards

The Companions

The Coven of Namira

The Dark Brotherhood

The Imperial Legion

The Thieves Guild

The Stormcloaks

The Tribal Orcs

The Bard Collegiates

The Alik'r Coterie

The Collegiates of Winterhold

The Blackblood Marauders

The Blood Horkers

The Forsworn

The Penitus Oculatus

The Psijic Order

The Silver Hand

The Summerset Shadows

The Synod

The Thalmor

The Vigil of Stendarr

The East Empire Trading Company

The Mythic Dawn

Aldmeri Dominion

Ebonheart Pact

Daggerfall Covenant

Akatosh

Arkay

Dibella

Julianos

Kynareth

Mara

Stendarr

Zenithar

Talos

Saint Alessia

Azura

Boethiah

Clavicus Vile

Hermaeus Mora

Hircine

Malacath

Mehrunes Dagon

Mephala

Meridia

Molag Bal

Namira

Nocturnal

Peryite

Sanguine

Sheogorath

Vaermina

Jyggalag

Jarl Idgrod Ravencrone

Jarl Igmund

Jarl Siddgeir

Jarl Balgruuf the Greater

Jarl Skald the Elder

Jarl Laila Law-Giver

Jarl Korir

Jarl Ulfric Stormcloak

Jarl Torryg

Emperor Titus Mede II

General Tullius

Legate Rikke

Galmar Stone-fist

Paarthurnax

Jurgen Windcaller

Arngeir

Kodlak Whitemane

Aela the Huntress

Ysgramor

Eorlund Grey-Mane

The Night Mother

Dark Brotherhood Listener

Sithis

Savos Aren

Mirabelle Ervine

Urag Gro-Shub

Viarmo

Pantea Ateia

Madanach

Borkul the Beast

Commander Maro

Gaius Maro

Elenwen

Ancano

Ondolemar

Danica Pure-Springs

M'aiq the Liar

Calcelmo

Giraud Gemane

Gallus Desidenius

Adonato Leotelli

Herbane

Alduin

Bandit

Highwaymen

Necromancer

Glenmoril Witch

Dragon Priest

Vampire

Krev the Skinner

Jaree-Ra

Deeja

Alain Dufont

Hajvarr Iron-Hand

Rigel Strong-Arm

The Ebony Warrior

Hevnoraak

Krosis

Morokei

Nahkriin

Otar the Mad

Rahgot

Vokun

Volsung

Felldir the Old

Gormlaith Golden-Hilt

Hakon One-Eye

Olaf One-Eye

Ulfgar the Unending

Edited by ruddy88

This sounds like a great idea! I look forward to seeing the final mod :)

A few suggestions for the cards: Kodlak Whitemane, Harbinger of the Companions; Danica Pure-Spring, Priestess of Kynareth (since people make pilgrimages to the Gildergreen, seems like she would be pretty well known). Savos Aren, the current archmage of the College of Winterhold and Viarmo, the head of the Bard's College. Maybe the Greybeards collectively, as the keepers of the Way of the Voice.

This sounds like a great idea! I look forward to seeing the final mod :smile:

A few suggestions for the cards: Kodlak Whitemane, Harbinger of the Companions; Danica Pure-Spring, Priestess of Kynareth (since people make pilgrimages to the Gildergreen, seems like she would be pretty well known). Savos Aren, the current archmage of the College of Winterhold and Viarmo, the head of the Bard's College. Maybe the Greybeards collectively, as the keepers of the Way of the Voice.

Good suggestions. I have added major factions, including greybeards and am up to iconic and noteable people now. Ive added Arngeir, as he is probably most well known of the greybeards, and im also adding paarthurnax but I will have a "missing picture" with a note that noone knows what he looks like (as to not give away any spoilers).

As for the priestess, I like that idea, I have listed each of the divines but if their are main leaders of each of the churches then that could be a good addition, and am currently adding each of the noteable heads of all other factions (such as kodlak for companion, tullius and rikke for imperial legion).

I had forgotten about the bards college though, ill add that in now! Thanks for your suggestions, if you think of any others add them here, specifically people that dont belong to any particular group but would still be well known, I almost forgot emperor Titus Mede II as he doesnt feature prominently, but thats the sort of people I want, people that you would expect to find on collector cards, that people know and remember of that time.

What about the unique weapons/items in the game as cards. Many of these things are known as "legends" in Skyrim (BECAUSE (edited this word as I was not clear) even reading or hearing about these prompts the quests so the world knows about these items anyway) and would be fitting. You wouldn't have to put any spoilers on the cards just to have the items. Just come general text referring to the weapon.

Cool idea, really would like to see that!

You should consider to include M'aiq, it wouldn't be a complete set without him, would it? :wink:

Oh he will definitely be in there haha. I want to include him in a special way im not sure yet

What about the unique weapons/items in the game as cards. Many of these things are known as "legends" in Skyrim (BECAUSE (edited this word as I was not clear) even reading or hearing about these prompts the quests so the world knows about these items anyway) and would be fitting. You wouldn't have to put any spoilers on the cards just to have the items. Just come general text referring to the weapon.

I am thinking of adding them in later as an expansion type thing, Ive just 150 and still havent added in unique enemies (glenmorril witch etc).

Nice I was playing around in GIMP with this idea. Using the Gwent cards from Witcher 3, although it was just for fun, im not an experienced modder. There are a few ENB mods that make your game looking like an oil painting, maybe you can use that ENB to take screenshots of the creatures so the picture on the card looks hand painted. Keep up the good work.

http://i.imgur.com/L5APGaO.png

Nice I was playing around in GIMP with this idea. Using the Gwent cards from Witcher 3, although it was just for fun, im not an experienced modder. There are a few ENB mods that make your game looking like an oil painting, maybe you can use that ENB to take screenshots of the creatures so the picture on the card looks hand painted. Keep up the good work.

http://i.imgur.com/L5APGaO.png

They look really good! There is a few mini card games on nexus that you could even adapt these to? might need to change number positions or something for it but then theyd be practical, Mine will simply be collector cards, no game purpose, but I will have a rewards system in place for getting them.

As for the ENB idea, I have seen them, I unfortunately dont have the best rig, and theres quite a few screensshots to get through, as a result Ive got someone else on board to take screenshots as I loved the look of their game. Ill see how it looks but could potentially add some filters on photoshop for the painted looks, I will see how it goes.

How did you get the pictures on yours? are they screenshots in game you took that youve modified? or is it using concept art or something?