How to get the best looking FO4...

Moksha8088

Getting the ultimate in graphics for Fallout 4 is quite easy with the new Intel 16-core and the GTX 1280. Of course, the best graphics mods will not be developed for a couple of years and you still might have some screen stutter if you are using the latest ENB. Rest assured these improvements will be made about the time The Elder Scrolls 6 is released.

Vanilla Fallout 4 looks unbelievable at 4k & it averaged 59fps with my old i7 2600k & a GTX 980 ti. Usually I play older games at 4k & newer ones at 1440. Fallout 4 is the exception. It looks so good that I can't bare to look at it at any other resolution.

I have put aside my 4k monitor for a 3440 X 1440 curved monitor that I will use on my new rig(waiting for GTX 1080). It makes Skyrim look great but dose nothing for Fallout 4.

Fallout 4 really don't need textures & ENB(I run both on Skyrim) it just needs to be seen through more pixels to be appreciated.

I am hoping that TES 6 will still be running on the old engine because the magic is in its code & without it, the magic will be gone.

Later

I thought about going 4k, but I like large monitors, so that basically means using a tv. From what I understand, the input lag on 4k monitors is bad, really really bad. Or does anyone have advice about upgrading to a 4k monitor?

4K can be awkward with heavily modded 32bit games, you're in a greater danger of hitting the 4GB limit, I've had it happen with New Vegas at that resolution. 4K TVs do suffer from input lag and it's usually the dearer ones that are worst because of the extra picture processing they do, sometimes that can be disabled but not always, even then you're looking at 20ms+. Proper 4K monitors aren't so bad, they're comparable with their 1080p counterparts, they're just a lot dearer.