windows 7 problem

nightech25

WELL i have a problem i just bought me a latitude dell E6410 and is using windows 7, well i downloaded my oblivion game them the obmm and i wanted to try the FCOM CONVERGE MOD, so i got the files, and i activated the files with my obmm and then i remember that i needed to get the olivion patch, i did change the address when i installed my game for EXAMPLE I TOOK THE c:\program etc words and i put c:\bethesda etc i used to mod my game a lot on my older lap top, but the patch didnt wanted to dowload it couldnt find the game address so i had to uninstall the game then i installed the game again i let the address alone, patch downloaded ok but obmm put me on a minimal user so i uninstall the game next i install again ,i put the game in folder c:\games etc. and then everything work obm downloaded good patch same , but now i have all the FCOM CONVERGE FILES WITH A GOLDEN LOCK on the oblivion game data , and everytime i try to play the game it tells me that the plugins and master file dont belong on the oblivion game, and the screen goes black and send me to desktop what can i do i check for a solution but no luck what am i doing wrong?????? also the obmm short cut reads that is on safe mode ????? my guess is that my laptop setting are to blame but like i said is new well used laptop...

You should NOT install in C:\Program Files (x86)... the patch not finding it elsewhere in the first part of your post mean only the register was already pointing it wrongly to there (some first install probably).

You should do a complete uninstall, delete the ini file at Documents and the Whole previous Oblivion folder before reinstall. Do not install from the Windows, use the original DVD setup to do it.

Actually you should search for Bben46 step by step tutorial to how to perform a correct uninstall/reinstall procedure.