Alternate Start Mod and the Offical DLC

Alixen

Hey there.

I'm still using Modular Oblivion Enhanced r17; i'm unsure if much of it is outdated by this point, but I still prefer its Alternate Start mod to any other. You get off a ship in Anvil, Kvatch is whole and locked up, the Empeor is wandering the Elder Council chamber and the Dragon Fires are lit. To start the Main Quest you just ahve to get arrested. I much prefer it to stumbling across the Amulet outside the sewer or a vision. Just personal prefrence.

However, it also stops the official DLC kicking in, which is kind of a pain becaus eI like to do Knights of the Nine before the main quest.

From what I managed to find through google its something to do with the DLC being started when a certain quest stage in CharGen is triggered but the posts didn't quite register in my head. Does anyone know what console command I need to input to trigger the official DLC, and more importantly if I do will it have any negative effects like breaking the Alternate Start mod or my stats? I could use some help.

The Knights of the Nine DLC is kicked in by listening (responding to) to rumours about the chapel attack in Anvil. The main quest is activated by

if player.getInCell Anvil == 0 && player.getInCell ImperialDungeon == 0
                   setstage NDPilgrim 5
	endif

So make sure you are not in Anvil and wait for the chapel attack topics to appear.

For the other DLC modules, try SM Plugin Refurbish - that delays their start points to be triggered by events or finding items, rather than them all being dumped on you as you reach a certain point in the sewers.