64 Bit Executable?

Ringmonkey84

I am generally not that ignorant or bad with computers, but I am am a moron here. In an interview somewhere, Todd Howard stated that there will not be a 64 Bit Executable. Does this mean that I won't be able to play on my Windows 7 x64 OS? What does that actually mean?

This means it probably won't load more than 3gb of RAM or so- it was like that with all other games and someone made mods so that it would use 4gb+ Don't worry, Bethesda knows any-right-minded gamer would be on x64 bit ;)

Releasing a 64bit executable would be pointless. The game engine is designed to use less than 2gb of RAM. On both OB and FO3 patching the game to use 4GB makes absolutely no difference in performance. The tools on the other hand are notorious for using as much RAM as they can get so patching them will make a considerable difference. If anything should be released with a 64bit version it's the CK.

This means it probably won't load more than 3gb of RAM or so- it was like that with all other games and someone made mods so that it would use 4gb+ Don't worry, Bethesda knows any-right-minded gamer would be on x64 bit ;)

so a desktop super-computer will be a waste of $$$$