Levitate Glitch

LegoManIAm94

I had this happen before but I don't know why it is happening again. I cast the levitate spell I don't levitate at all and just looks like a am falling but I am just on the ground. And I can move around but not jump. And it makes an annoying sound since it is repeating a sound effect 100 times a second it seems so it sounds like a buzzer. I looked all over the web and no one seems to know about it and MCP has no patch for levitate. And I tried reloading my saved game and it seems that it don't work since I saved once the glitch took effect. And I do have tribunal but did not go to Mournhold yet. I did use the console to type out disable/enablelevitateion so that my character will not levitate no more but I reenabled it. If you know how to fix it please let me know.

Thanks in advance

To LegoManIAm94

It constantly amazes me that sometimes elementary precautions are not taken. I know that most hard drives are in the Gb range, However as i have explained to several people with similar problems to yours, just because the drive is large does not mean it should not be de-fragged regularly, say at least once a week.

The problem is not the games but the way the computer makes use of the files that go to make up the game. As you play a game - ANY GAME; or indeed use any programme, by the very nature of the system, the computer may not need the whole file, just part of it. The result is that over time these sections of that file (and remember it's not just one file but many) get spread all over the hard drive.

Believe it or not, this is a very common problem, and a good disk defragmenter will do the job easily for you. However that being said, there can be other causes of a mod not working, often this because the mod itself is corrupt - it does happen. I de-fragging doesn't solve your problem, try removing the problem mod from the game, then try re-installing it from the original download. If you still have problems, delete that download and then run defrag again. Download the mod again and re-install it.

To LegoManIAm94

It constantly amazes me that sometimes elementary precautions are not taken. I know that most hard drives are in the Gb range, However as i have explained to several people with similar problems to yours, just because the drive is large does not mean it should not be de-fragged regularly, say at least once a week.

The problem is not the games but the way the computer makes use of the files that go to make up the game. As you play a game - ANY GAME; or indeed use any programme, by the very nature of the system, the computer may not need the whole file, just part of it. The result is that over time these sections of that file (and remember it's not just one file but many) get spread all over the hard drive.

Believe it or not, this is a very common problem, and a good disk defragmenter will do the job easily for you. However that being said, there can be other causes of a mod not working, often this because the mod itself is corrupt - it does happen. I de-fragging doesn't solve your problem, try removing the problem mod from the game, then try re-installing it from the original download. If you still have problems, delete that download and then run defrag again. Download the mod again and re-install it.

I found a way to fix it!

1-Cast the levitate spell

2-Go into the console and type "disablelevitation"

3-Type in console "enablelevitation"

4-The glitch should be fix and when you cast levitate again it should work!

I did do a defrag and I still had this problem and I did one not too long ago as well. Thanks for helping me out.