What Companion Would You Like?

rjhelms84

but my biggest question is, is beyond boulder dome a range'y place that would be appropriate for a distance shooter or a close combat place that needs someone who likes to spray and pray?

--Both. The exteriors are very rangey, but there are also a lot of close-combat interiors.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but my biggest question is, is beyond boulder dome a range'y place that would be appropriate for a distance shooter or a close combat place that needs someone who likes to spray and pray?

--Both. The exteriors are very rangey, but there are also a lot of close-combat interiors.

cool, so there's potential for him to be very helpful in one area and usless in another? possibly just a matter of deciding which one.

Here's what I would like. I kind of want to create this personally, but I'm just now learning how to mod.

Name: Ushi, Taneosha, Lynx, Camen, Fenlen or Dabera (Obv. you can use your own, I'm just outlining!)

Race: Hispanic (Not enough of these, at all!)

Weaponry: Any kind of shotgun. He should be a professional shotgun user. Anything but the caravan. OR...Throwing Spears. It would be interesting to have a Throwing Spear buddy. Or better yet, somebody that throws energy spears! AW SNAP! (Not gonna happen :P)

Clothing: If the shotgun route is taken, I would say an outfit like easy pete's, but the DT, etc., raised, so he isn't completely screwed. (Obviously, with values like 5...not 15!) If the Throwing Spear route is taken, I would like it to be a person dressed in any random Legion clothing.

Background: The Shotgun Hero would be the ex-deputy for a town that was all but destroyed by the nuclear blast. His main hobby was shooting tournaments (pigeons, moving targets, precision, etc.). He isn't a self-promoting deputy, or an uptight person. He's laid back (and the clothes would show this), easy going, and wants to just survive in the Mojave.

The Tribal person...well use your imagination ^_^

Sorry had to type this in a hurry....>_<

Good one. I was looking around and found a companion idea that I made before. It's not Boulder City-ish, it's based in Goodsprings. I guess it could be changed easily enough. Look inside the spoiler to see it. :)

Fallout: New Vegas

NINA COMPANION MOD

•~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-•

Traits:

•~-~-~•

Race- Caucasian or Hispanic

Gender- Female

Height- 0.97

Weight- 0.97

Alignment- Very Good

Disposition Base- 40

Stats:

•~-~-•

Nina always stays 2 levels below the player

Tag skills- Guns, Melee, Sneak

General Appearance:

•~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~•

Brunette Lings 28m Hair (I think that's what it is)

Blue Eyes

Cute Face (See below for Oblivion settings, may need editing once made in New

Vegas)

Inventory:

•~-~-~-~-•

Random Wasteland Outfit

9mm Pistol (unique) and ammunition

Machete Gladius (unique)

Recruitment and Quests:

•~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~•

-When fighting the powder gangers with Ringo, Nina confronts the player when they, Ringo and Sunnie Smiles are heading over to battle. She quickly states "I'm here to help, where do you want me to go?" and the player is given the choice of saying

1. "Follow me." and she will stay close to the player

2. "Stick with Sunnie and Ringo." and she'll follow them.

3. "I don't care. Go where ever." and she'll just go to where the towns people are.

After the battle, she will go inside the prospector saloon. The player can then go and talk to her. "Hey there. You are a good fighter, I was watching you in the battle. Oh yes, I'm Nina." and the player can say

1. "I'm (Name), pleased to meet you." which she will reply to positively.

2. "Hey Nina. What's up?" and she'll joke about being in a mild skirmish.

3. "What do you need?" will trigger the next phase of the conversation.

4. "So? I don't care." and she'll end the conversation.

5. "Get out of my face, I just want a drink!" and she'll never talk to you again.

After selecting one of the top three, or speaking to her later after doing four, she'll say "Why did you want to protect Goodsprings so much? You've only just got here." and then player can reply

1. "Just helping out." and she'll say it's nice to see someone help strangers.

2. "I can't just sit back and watch a town burn." Nina will state how nice the player is.

3. "Coin." And she'll note that she saw you get money from Ringo.

4. "So I could kill some powder gangers!" Nina says that she only kills if necessary.

5. "I was hoping I could get some companionship..." She will stay quiet, knowing that the player can probably guess her intentions.

If the player chooses three or four, a higher skill check will be required to hire her than if you did any of the other ones. Nina will now ask what the player will be doing now that Goodsprings is safe. The player can respond with

1. (If Benny is alive) "I'm trying to find someone who shot me."

2. "Roaming the Mojave looking for adventure."

3. "Treasure hunting!"

4. "I'm looking for worthy opponents in battle."

5. "Nothing in particular."

Any of them except five will unlock the dialogue, all which lead to the same ending anyway, number one will open "I may need some help tracking him down." Two will open "Want to explore with me?" Three will have "Come find lost treasure with me!" Four will open "Two fighters are better than one, you know." Five, however, can't unlock dialogue. The player will need to say any of the other ones.

If the player asks Nina with either three or four, the skill check will be even higher to recruit her. Nina has positive karma, and doesn't like certain deeds. If the player has the Lady Killer perk, you can convince Nina to follow you without a skill check.

Face Settings:

•~-~-~-~-~-~-•

Brow Ridge - high/low: -0.0300

Brow Ridge Inner - up/down -1.1800

Brow Ridge Outer - up/down -0.1100

Cheekbones - low/high -0.1800

Cheekbones - shallow/pronounced 1.1000

Cheekbones - thin/wide -0.2600

Cheeks - concave/convex -0.2030

Cheeks - round/gaunt -0.7100

Chin - forward/backward -0.6699

Chin - pronounced/recessed -0.7900

Chin - retracted/jutting 0.3800

Chin - shallow/deep 1.4100

Chin - small/large 0.0600

Chin - tall/short -0.3100

Chin - wide/thin 0.5200

Eyes - down/up -0.9100

Eyes - small/large 2.1300

Eyes - tilt inward/outward 0.4900

Eyes - together/apart 0.4522

Face - brow-nose-chin ratio -0.5100

Face - forehead-sellion-nose 0.3600

Face - heavy/light 1.8200

Face - round/gaunt 4.3900

Face - thin/wide -0.0400

Forehead - small/large 1.0000

Forehead - tall/short -2.2900

Forehead - tilt forward/back -2.0800

Jaw - retracted/jutting 0.3800

Jaw - wide/thin 0.4111

Jaw-Neck slope high/low 0.0400

Jawline - concave/convex 0.3600

Mouth - drawn/pursed 0.6800

Mouth - happy/sad -0.4300

Mouth - high/low -1.8000

Mouth - lips deflated/inflated 0.1400

Mouth - lips large/small -0.2300

Mouth - lips puckered/retracted -1.8300

Mouth - protruding/retracted -0.7600

Mouth - tilt up/down 0.0200

Mouth - underbite/overbite 0.7500

Mouth-Chin distance 0.8100

Nose - bridge shallow/deep -1.2400

Nose - bridge short/long 0.5900

Nose - down/up -0.6500

Nose - flat/pointed -2.8600

Nose - nostril tilt down/up -2.1100

Nose - nostrils small/large -2.7900

Nose - nostrils wide/thin 1.4800

Nose - region concave/convex -0.2900

Nose - sellion down/up 2.2100

Nose - sellion shallow/deep 0.6600

Nose - sellion shallow/deep -0.8300

Nose - sellion thin/wide -1.7200

Nose - short/long -2.0800

Nose - tilt down/up -2.1500

Edited by billyro

Talkative robot dog would be cool. It suits with the junkyard surroundings and since excellent model is awaiting already, little more decorating with ornaments related to its background will make it more a person than its cognates. It may be upgradable by completing quests, from visual achivements like trophies taken from antagonist factions, to upgrade parts scraped from the junkyard, or spray painting directed from the faction you aided such as joker painting on its face.

Interactions with Boulder Dome is more important than how the character attracts or background supported I think. If hanging around with the place was fun and the companion put his part fun and intense, he will be a buddy even after completing the line.

Talkative robot dog would be cool. It suits with the junkyard surroundings and since excellent model is awaiting already, little more decorating with ornaments related to its background will make it more a person than its cognates. It may be upgradable by completing quests, from visual achivements like trophies taken from antagonist factions, to upgrade parts scraped from the junkyard, or spray painting directed from the faction you aided such as joker painting on its face.

Interactions with Boulder Dome is more important than how the character attracts or background supported I think. If hanging around with the place was fun and the companion put his part fun and intense, he will be a buddy even after completing the line.

Oh man I would kill to have a cybernetic bighorn companion.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-KoWilhQAXNU/TjdbUqZFOgI/AAAAAAAAADQ/TcENolXy_DM/s320/junkdog.jpg

I died when I saw this from the blog. With some personification touch, I will die twice for having him as a companion.

Even better, make him have an actual voice with random commentary like: "My olfactory sensors detect a sudden increase in the concentration of hydrogen sulfide in the immediate area. You didn't have anything to do with that, did you?".

A talking witty cyberdog would be awesome. However I would like to see more male companions.its not like I have enough women in my house... but id be ok with a good companion with a quest,ala Willow,as shes pretty much got it all in a good comp.

Heres one...

A cyber dog with a human brain? I mean,what goes on in Big MT would support it after what theyve done.