ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

What Companion Would You Like?

rjhelms84

I'm currently building a companion for the quests / new lands mod, Beyond Boulder Dome.

At the moment I'm looking for ideas. What type of companion would you like? The more detailed your ideas are, the better. Check out my blog and read the mod's description (it might be on the previous page) so you have a idea of what the location and overall feel of the mod is like.

Rob

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha, I just made Agent 47, A Dark Elf and a revamped NV version of Fo3 jericho.

What I would love to see is a new MALE companion.

Perhaps something generic, like the typical Wasteland Wanderer you see everywhere who is skilled in survival, guns and melee.

background could be he's from a small cache of houses someplace but got fed up at home and decided to wander the wastes... etc.

I dunno, im just throwing in an idea. :P

~Draken

A former Desert Ranger who was an orphan in the Den, disillusioned by the absorption of his faction by the NCR, that became a vagabond. His travel options going east were heavily limited, as he is a wanted man in Legion territory, and Utah to the Northeast was covered with raiding tribes or even worse, Legion in parts of the South. However, he was able to stick to the backcountry, having intimate survival knowledge of mountains, canyons, and the open desert. The mountains of Colorado were no different. Sticking to I-70 once in Colorado, he found himself avoiding Denver due to tales of Caesar's Legion capturing the region, and instead headed North, to Fort Collins, Colorado. Taking up life as a prospector, his travels from there took him to the Boulder Dome. There, he comes across the Courier.

Combat Specialization: Revolvers and Thrown weapons. A perk that increases his effectiveness with both, through firing/throwing speed, damage, whatever.

Attitude: Mostly friendly, but noticeably wary due to his long and tiring history.

Default weapon: Ranger Sequoia without NCR stuff on it.

Clothing: Clothing that matches more of the description of Tycho's armor from Fallout 1. A suit of leather armor with a trenchcoat over it, basically. Of course, leather armor shoulder pads would be removed.

Basic dialogue will reveal the details of his journey through Utah and Colorado. He will give details about post-war Green River (a city that he stayed in for a year or so) and Fort Collins, where he lives. A speech check will allow you to pry about his past in the Den, a very grim tale. A Survival check in his dialogue will allow you to receive a perk from him, increasing the effectiveness of any kind of steak made at a campfire.

Edited by looloolooigotsomeapples

A slave from somewhere nearby who is really good at umm... poker maybe. He escaped from his master a while back and has been on the run ever since. He comes to you for protection from the goons sent by his former master. Having him as a companion means random encounters happen around the place with the mercenaries trying to capture him. Having him as a companion also works as a "Lucky Charm" as your luck will be increased.

Escaped Slave theme works with any special perk inherent in the slave that the owner really wants. For example, the slave is experimented on and is currently part machine. Or the slave stole something. Or killed somebody. Or screwed somebody. Anything.

When you have him as a companion long enough, the master would come himself in some sort of boss random encounter which marks the end of all random encounters.

Edited by Glenstorm

A chinese ghoul trooper/officer who knows a lot of people /npcs

dont have many details for now but i willl edit this if more comes to mind

A SUGGESTION

describe the envirement of boulder dome and the kind of people in their and around it describe the factions

if you do this preferebly in the first post of this topic you migth get more fitting Companion ideas

Cheers

How about someone from a distant country? I think it would be cool to have a fellow Australian in the mojave.

Things to take into consideration

-Gender, there are far more female companions then male, so perhaps more male companions would be balancing.

-Skills, being an Aussie, essential tag skills would be Guns, Repair and Survival.

-Speech, well, obviously an Aussie with a non-aussie accent would be strange. Voice actors would be needed.

-Intelligence, for those who think us Australians are dim-witted, I'll hunt you down and kill you.

-Appearance, obviously powerful, dressed with a big hat and casual outback clothing.

-Quests, can't think of any reason for own quests. Perhaps just plays parts in other quests.

Pretty much, as long as the companion is straight, that would be alright. (I'm digusted by gays, sorry. I mean no offence to those who are.)

Great ideas so far guys. I'll wait a little longer though, before deciding, to see what others say.

Male is the only suggestion I have that I would feel strongly about. I get regular requests for one in my thread; the community could use a few more of them. I don't think it matters what you do with his background or story as long as he has one and he's got chatter and enough dialouge that he's interesting and his voice actor is good.

:)

i would definitley agree with the others that there is a serious shortage of male companions throughout and would definitley like to see one.

but my biggest question is, is beyond boulder dome a range'y place that would be appropriate for a distance shooter or a close combat place that needs someone who likes to spray and pray?

i would certainly predicate the appropriateness of a companions tactical needs on the environment he's in.