Bethesda sues Notch over the use of the word "Scrolls"

yoba333

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I saw this on Notch's blog, I laughed. But then I came back to reality. I'm speechless. Next thing you know, you'll probably get sued for saying trademarked words yourself and we'll all be mutes, pretty much. Terrifying thought :|

But seriously, this is a lost case for Zenimax.

Edited by Yoshh

LMAO Zenimax, you greedy, pathetic morons suck. Do you really think people are that stupid? How could you petty bastards sue over something so trivial? You make me sick. Edited by SonDEreiXiaL

So, does this mean that if make a game with the word "Cars" on it, I'll get a sue knife from Dis-nee on my neck?

Seriously. If it was the case of a created name, I'd see this with serious eyes. But the name of something created and named way before even electric power was even planned to exist, such as a scroll.... nope.jpg

Guess the guy who added the word 'scrolls' to the English language must be tumbling madly on his grave right now....

im light of this discovery im copywriting the word (the) and the letter (i I) both capital and lower case so now all books and any text or keyboard company etc has to pay me money to be used. is that dumb enough for ya zenimax?? bunch of fools.

I like how everyone is hating on Bethsoft for this, when it's sort of a dropped ball on Mojang's legal departments part, don't they have people checking to make sure their titles don't conflict with any copyrights?

Next thing is to sue EVERY company for using "THE", "ELDER", "SCROLLS" (add scrolls and mixes with i upper case and single), should also add in the demand every paper-making company for making "scrolls" related products such as books, notes, sheets, etc etc etc, since all are -related- to which a scroll is made off and making a profit while not paying to them. seriously -.-" the only way they are winning over that word use is they buy the whole court.

I'm sorry but this is just disgusting to the point that I will NOT be buying a copy of Skyrim until I can get for one dollar on steam.

Way to go Zenimax. I hope you get lots of money out of this lawsuit because you won't be getting any form ME for a while.

Contact Zenimax and tell them to KNOCK IT OFF!!!

Edited by popcorn71

Wow... really?!

Suing them for infringement is one thing, but suing someone for using a word that's been around in the English language FOREVER is just stupid. The item itself has been around since people started to figure out what fire was!

That's it, I'm going to copyright the words "vault" and "scroll" (both of them with their literal meanings) and sue them over every instance of those two words in their games.

roflmao. Minecraft fanboys rage moar?

That game is overhyped.

Look at the title of "scrolls"

There's a reason why they're suing mojang.

We should just make a game called call of duty battlefield.