Skyrim: multiplayer/co-op mod?

trollioslulzicus

Folks already tried making a multiplayer mod for Oblivion, they showed us that it is possible to make one, the obliviononline mod had great potential before it had a heart attack, so ladies and gentlemen is any Modder demigod planning to try to make a Skyrim co-op mod when it comes out?If we all put our differences aside and band together, I think it might be possible.Imagine a small server based (10 players max etc) mod for a TES game, that would rock, not to mention that with mods we can have UNLIMITED MOOLTIPLAYAR GAEMPLEH!1! I mean, sciense is not about why, its about why not! Right....?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People have tried it for Morrowind, people tried it for Oblivion multiple times, there have been attempts for Fallout 3 too, so I'm sure people are going to try it for Skyrim. And it's never going to succeed.

There's only so much modding can do. And while I'm constantly amazed at the new breakthroughs that are made, even for Morrowind today, multiplayer is more complex than any of that.

Edited by Povuholo

This would take a dedicated time of experienced developers. You'd be adding multiplayer to an existing game that has absolutely NO support for it, while manipulating in-game code.

It's more time than many people are interested in putting in. :confused:

wait wait wait, may i mention that Skyrim is on a new engine, and that Bethesda is planning on using this engine as a flagship for the next 3-10 years, so they may have networking support on board the engine already, i would not be surprised if the programmers decided to write it in just in case they wanted to do something networking related later.

all I'm saying is we won't really know until the engine gets out there.

wait wait wait, may i mention that Skyrim is on a new engine, and that Bethesda is planning on using this engine as a flagship for the next 3-10 years, so they may have networking support on board the engine already, i would not be surprised if the programmers decided to write it in just in case they wanted to do something networking related later.

I have my doubts that it will ever happen and actually work well..... but I can still hope/dream of course! :)

If bethesda would just include it in the original game I would happily pay an extra $20 for it AND buy 2 copies rather than just one.... I hope they read this. grrrrrrr...........

Again i direct people to MultiTES4, a multiplayer mod for oblivion; it was a fun mod for the while, but now it just isn't useable in my 200+ mod load order

note: if anyone does make a multiplayer mod for skyrim; the concepts of MultiTES4 would be a good framework for them to start with

Edited by FreekillX1Alpha

It's more likely a future game would add it and we'd port skyrim to it.