Is it possible to keep mods after uninstall

irichey25

Okay im getting a new computer soon and i have 100 or so mods and i have wasteland defense. My base on wasteland defense is huge and i have a s*** load weapon and companion mods. i want to keep them but the last time i uninstalled it took all my mods and i had to restart my base get my companions and everything. So is there a way to keep them. Or atleast when i uninstall and put my mods back in everything will be back to normal

Also PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE REPLY

Edited by irichey25

If you use FOMM, and chose to copy the Original file, you can find each mod neatly packaged in the mods folder of Fallout New Vegas. Simply copy this folder, install FOMM in your new computer and activate each mod in there.

Otherwise you need to reinstall everything.

You could just copy your Data folder to a thumb drive or something. Removing all of the extra crap that isnt mod related, or is part of the original game (just so you get the fresh install for that). Then just copy this cleaned, mod filled Data folder and mix it in with the one on your new computer.

In theory, you should be able to make a copy of the /Data folder, and a copy of your /saves folder. These backups should contain all of the data pertaining to weapons/ammo/items and companions. So long as your mod installs go without a hitch you can merge/replace the /Data folder and save files.

Might I suggest you take a screenshot of FOMM to reference load order, any reinstalls I have performed failed due to improper load order and if you have a lot of mods installed I don't need to tell you how important it is!

Also, when you DL mods from nexus, keep a copy of the .zip AND the unzipped package in seperate folders in your documents, named something like "nv_mod_zips" and "nv_mod_files"

This makes system migration a breeze without wasting time DLing all those mods again!

I also endorse using the full functionality of FOMMs package manager, it keeps things tidy and easily uninstalls mods for troubleshooting. ( I only say this because I know some people aren't aware of its potential )

Good luck! Let us know if everything works.