Need help with some modding

Scissors61

Been modding mods so that i can customize the textures of usefull mods with nicer textures of fun mods. For example, i used the scouter mesh from REFLEX CANNON for the NVG goggles from the Advance Recon Armor for women. A few days ago i found a Prototype Medic Armor mod that mad adjustments to how the voices act. It explained how Bethesda just locked up some poor robot in a box somewhere in the armor and whenever it needed to talk the armor would just tell it to. The modder changed it so that the script just triggers a sound file. What I need is either that mod which i can just swap their sound file for some other sound files and put it on a Jill Valentine Outfit or somebody to just do all the hard work and make exaclty what I want XD

What I'm planning to do is swap the sound file for vocaloid version sounds of Ikaruga. Be cool to get Psycho boost while ur system says "energy max" XD

Also, im wondering if anyone can mess around with meshes and create a better skin for orbital strike controllers. My idea is to take the HB sensor off the Tactical HK416 mod and put it on a MK23 handgun, Smooth out the barrel section, and fuse the laser sight where the targeting laser would be. I also like how that starcraft ghost mod mad their nuke painter weapon, although the sounds are from Starcraft. Again, if i had the meshes and textures i'd be able to do the rest by just swaping the sound files of that mod.

Also, for any moderators who see this post, is it okay if i upload mods that are really just other mods but chopped up and put together like frankenstein so long as i give credit?

Oh yea, theres another problem i have: Ive been trying to mod the Mysterious Stranger with the Classic Shotgun mod(its an ithica) and Assassin Rboes(Altair's) but everytime he comes out, he just stands there and does shoot. I can't seem to find the script for him and i gave him everything he needs to blast people away. If it is a script, then all i have to do is change either the way he fires or what weapon he should be using to murder/annihilate/explode/kill/noscope.

Well, you'll need SOME mesh editor if you want to edit meshes, but nobody says you have to splurge thousands of dollars on it. Both Blender and 3dmax are free, and have the plugins for .nif files.

Be warned though, it's hard stuff.

About franken-mods, SOME stuff you don't even need a mesh editor for. If you can find something that is already separate pieces, e.g., the silencer on a silenced pistol, you can just use NifSkope to copy it as it is to another mesh. I should know, that's how I added the silencer to the SMG, rifle, etc, way back.

Heck, even the new stuff I make is deliberately designed as franken-meshes, although I make the individual pieces myself. E.g., the blaster is really a revolver frame with a funky finned tube added instead of the cylinder. E.g., the swords are separate hilt, blade, etc, pieces.

About using pieces from other mods, however, you may use them ONLY with the original author's permission. Not only you can get banned if you just start chopping up and recombining someone else's work without permission, technically speaking it's illegal too. So don't.

But if you can get permission from the author OR the file has been released as a free-to-use modder resource, you can go ahead and use it. (Within the restrictions set by the author, of course.) All my stuff is public domain for example, so on the off chance that you find something you can use there, you can just go for it. Many other modders released modder resources too, so there is a certain pool of usable stuff already. The NV .nif file format is identical too, btw, so the pool of usable stuff is actually larger than just the FO3 resources. And it's not too hard to convert pieces from Oblivion too.

For some of the other stuff, well, ask the author. A lot will say no, and a lot already wrote there that nope, they're not ok with it under any circumstances. But someone out there might be ok with using their gun's magazine or whatever.

Edited by Moraelin

As for the Mysterious Stranger, you need to make sure he has ammo for his gun, which I understand you modded/changed, or else he won't shoot, or he'll just run away or run around looking for a gun and/or ammo to use, even sometimes pull out his fists and try to punch, which isn't enough time to do during the short few slow-motion moments he's actually out. The AI sometimes takes that much time just trying to decide what to do next, which is why he just stands there for you sometimes.