Pregnancy in Video Role-Playing Games

WizardOfAtlantis

25 members have voted

1. 1. Is Pregnancy in Video Role-Playing Games Realistic?

I know about it, but the Stealth Boy in the game is a device that emits radiation to hide the wearer (and drives the Supermutants who use them mad). Technology in general, and electronics in particular, in FO3 and FNV are one of the things that refute arguments based on the internal consistency of the game world because they simply demand that you suspend your disbelief. You have devices that obviously require extremely advanced micro-electronics and miniaturization, while other things, even military equipment, use tubes, bulky components and insufficient memory capacities. (e.g. Enclave terminals have 64k of RAM).

Fair point, won't argue it, in fact I completely agree with it lol.

...but next time, Gadget! :devil:

HAH! You made my day!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I don't think it's unrealistic to have pregnant NPCs or a chance of such happening to a female PC. One must consider the various stories of women who have defended their homes while pregnant or with babies/toddlers, or travelled many miles on foot or on horse in the same state, in real life, too--obviously, these are extreme situations, but a game like Fallout or Morrowind, for example, is could be said to simulate extreme situations. In real life, it's not very likely that one person alone would run off to save the world either.

Besides, even if it is "unrealistic", judging by the downloads on said file pages alone, hundreds of people like to use armour on female characters that would be as protective as or even less than, the absolute legal minimum amount of clothing in most parts of the real world :P So, I'd think realism doesn't even matter to a fair amount of people anyway and the lore purists don't have a leg to stand on if nobody's listening. ;)

LadyMilla, I just got to read your Post #28, and I have to tell you that you rock!

Might I also point out that the OP, while mentioning Pregnancy armor, did also ask the more general question about pregnancy in role playing games. No one has really addressed that (with the possible exception of one or two of us in the very beginning). Not all role playing games are totally centered around battle. There are characters that are not fighting day and night. Pregnancy is a normal part of life for Heaven's sakes. What's the big deal. These are role playing games. Do whatever works for you.

How on earth is pregnancy not realistic.

And while my idea of a mod would not be as the pregnant woman player character, but running into a sort of "underground" (:rolleyes: do not read literally underground but on the other hand, a nursery vault may be another option) midwife compound where pregnant women secretly go in order to bring their children safely into the crazy dangerous fallout world.

And yes, many of these women would be on leave from the ever short-handed NCR and would want a light weight but extremely protective light armor, so that they can protect themselves and the others further along. At any time someone could find out they were there, at any time super mutants and other dangers could invade, they would want to be prepared at all times. There would also need to be doctors and nurses on staff in the inner bowels of the birthing rooms.

Myrmaad, exactly. And if I recall Fallout correctly (played it a very long time ago) wasn't the original hero born in the vault? So there was at least one pregnant character, although I think his mom died in child birth. But, nevertheless, if he got born, so did others, I presume.

I am talking about the PC being pregnant.

Er, if the PC is female, and isn't sterile, and engages a male in sex, well... yeah, it's actually pretty realistic she could end up pregnant. I really don't see how it wouldn't be realistic.

Er, if the PC is female, and isn't sterile, and engages a male in sex, well... yeah, it's actually pretty realistic she could end up pregnant. I really don't see how it wouldn't be realistic.

And in most games the PC is constantly in combat of some sort.

And in most games the PC is constantly in combat of some sort.

That doesn't mean the character couldn't get pregnant though. Soldiers can get pregnant, and women that live in war zones and may as well be soldiers can get pregnant as well, and even fight while pregnant, I'm still not seeing how it is unrealistic.