Age Groups.

kvnchrist

I have a very good friend who at age 32 married an 18 year old girl. He is now 63 and she is 49. They just celebrated their 31st anniversary. 3 children now grown, and they are never separated. He quit a good job because they wanted him to travel 4 days a month and he didn't want to be away from her for even that time. Her parents objected at the time, but got over it when they started having children.

One of my best friends is married and has a child with a man 20 to 25 years her senior, she's loves him dearly and is very happy.

He is absolutely thrilled to have a "hot" girl on his arm and child at his age.

As to why she married him, she "prefers mature men" because they are stable, have less issues and are settled and have "sown their oats" already.

I personally have dated a man at least 10 to 15 years older than me and my friends words ring true, the only difference with older men is that their toys become

more expensive but so do the gifts.

Not that I'm looking for a sugar daddy mind you, but such is the way of experienced men.

If you want my absolutely honest opinion on this, I'm personally very creeped out by the idea of an adult with a barely-legal teen. I'm talking about 16-year-olds, who, in England and Wales are just legally able to consent to sex and can get married with parents' permission, being with people over 21. I think the difference matters less and becomes less creepy over time, and it's also hard to say anything without knowing the situation fully.

Have a look at age of consent in various places..... Please take special note of Vatican State. You know, the seat of the Holy Roman Catholic Church....... AoC there? 12......... barely into puberty.

Looking at the chart, the ages are all over the place, some of them make sense, others do not......... average age is 16...... 12 is the youngest, 21 the oldest. Attitudes vary dramatically from place to place.... it is difficult to assign a "right or wrong" here..... what seems perfectly normal in one country, might be a crime punishable by death in the next.....

Please take special note of Vatican State. You know, the seat of the Holy Roman Catholic Church....... AoC there? 12......... barely into puberty.

Hypocrisy, raises it's ugly head, yet again. Enough said on that. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

As an interesting argument, how do gay people feel about age differences?

When I'm interested in a male partner, I generally tend to go for guys at least five years older than me, me being 20. I just think that when it comes to gay guys, guys my own age are still often not yet secure in their sexuality, and I'm not really all too comfortable with that. I don't have any such prejudices regarding female partners, though.

I wrote my post with gender-neutral terminology for just such an eventuality, but I will explain. If all involved are over 18, and give full consent, then it's not really my business. I do not think it is OK for somebody over 21 to be with a person who is 16 or under--barring very special circumstances, like the adult in question being disabled and thus mentally 16, for example.

Please take special note of Vatican State. You know, the seat of the Holy Roman Catholic Church....... AoC there? 12......... barely into puberty.

Hypocrisy, raises it's ugly head, yet again. Enough said on that. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Um, I reckon it would be a good idea to first check the info on this one.

The Vatican did (past tense) have the age of consent at the age of 12 years old, but that's only because it adopted it from Italy who had it's age of consent at 12 years old,

at that time and that time was 1929.

You see, when the Lateran Treaty of 1929 was signed between Italy and the Vatican, the Vatican adopted the age of consent of 12 years old FROM Italy.

T

But whenever Italy raises it's age of consent because of the Lateran Treaty, so does the Vatican, and because the age of consent in Italy is now 14 years of age

the Vatican's age of consent is also automatically raised to 14 years of age, they are linked.

;D

Um, I reckon it would be a good idea to first check the info on this one.

The Vatican did (past tense) have the age of consent at the age of 12 years old, but that's only because it adopted it from Italy who had it's age of consent at 12 years old,

at that time and that time was 1929.

You see, when the Lateran Treaty of 1929 was signed between Italy and the Vatican, the Vatican adopted the age of consent of 12 years old FROM Italy.

T

But whenever Italy raises it's age of consent because of the Lateran Treaty, so does the Vatican, and because the age of consent in Italy is now 14 years of age

the Vatican's age of consent is also automatically raised to 14 years of age, they are linked.

;D

I am just going by information currently available from this page. It isn't dated.... so, I don't know how old it is.